Critique Mt. Baker

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by West, Jul 10, 2018.

1. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Thanks for contributing a version Bart.
    Your probably right, entering a raw file would have given everyone more freedom and leeway in this exercise.

2. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Ok West. Here is my interpretation of what is needed to enhance the image. I found it hard to PP the image as I believe that there is lots of information missing particularly in the middle section of the image?
    Hope you like my pp work in it.
    Regards.
    Mike
    41539786960_a0e10ac1b6_o. Mt. Baker.psd-2-Edit by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr
    41539789690_e73b20f49f_o. Mt. Baker by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yes, but I might not have been able to accidentally create those rectangles. :ROFLMAO: 

4. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Wow Mike, you nailed it. Fantastic photo (y)

• Wow Wow x 1
  5. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Well I thank you Wesst for the compliment. It just goes to show when you take a second look at a photo that you have just posted you invariably find something you over looked in your PP on the image. I found a reddish ( Magenta ) cast in the middle left section of the photo I posted. I didn't see that in the image on my pc but I do see it on the forum and in flicker? I have now corrected this and will include the image in this post. Hope it looks ok this time?
    Cheers.
    Mike
    42634880964_d7b2916058_o. Mt. Baker.psd-2-Edit-Edit by Mike Skerritt, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike, you make Mt Baker look regal!

7. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Decided to give my original a bit more "punch" with some mountain detail. Mike, I think your first one is a bit better as it shows more detail in the snow pack.
    Mt. Baker bw from cypress.JPG

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Just what the doctor ordered West. this looks cool. However I would like to see it posted a little bigger.
    Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.