Mt. Equinox, Vermont

Today, I spent my afternoon on Mt. Equinox. It's the highest peak in southwestern Vermont, and has a road leading all the way to the top. (You didn't expect me to hike up, did you? :tongue:)

Here are some of the images I captured:

The first two were shot using the 10.5 Fisheye. Everytime I use it, I'm impressed with the overall IQ.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 390937

This image was shot with my 70-300VR. It was an attempt at stacking or flattening the mountain ridges in the distance. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of clarity OOC, which I can't understand since it's usually so sharp and my other lenses had no problem cutting thru what little haze there was...

View attachment 390938

My Sigma 10-20 never disappoints me with its sharpness and clarity...

View attachment 390939

Finally, a 7-image Pano using the 17-55.
View attachment 390940

Constructive comments/criticisms welcomed.

Thanks!

1. look like an hdr, but very nice shoot

2. the bow horizon bother me, but good shot

3. i really like it, has a mood to it :biggrin:

4. very nice

5. like this too

Beautiful shots Bert! #3 is my favorite. I just wonder how those same shots taken in late Sept-early Oct turn out.
Thanks. I plan to find out the answer to that question, since I live only about 1 hour away. :smile:

As "Ahnuld" once said -- "I'll be back!" :biggrin:

After viewing these photos I went and looked up Mt. Equinox ans found their website. looks to be about 2.5 hours from me. I may be making a day trip in the very near future.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom