Mt Everest

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by espn, May 1, 2007.

1. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    Took a 13 day trip to Nepal/Tibet for the last 2 weeks.

Up 5000m to Everest Base Camp, and I saw this sight in front of me. I know it's nothing spectacular, but I can't believe that I've been there and stood there with all those people eagerly awaiting to trek up to the highest mountain of 8000m+.

I respectfully saluted those who walked passed me and wishing them the best. I was already feeling lightheaded and slightly groggy due to the high altitude that my body was not conditioned for, but still, I took this shot.

Presenting... Mt Everest.

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful! I am planning a trip to North Base within the next few years.

3. Wow! I would like to stand there myself. The view must be overwhelming.

Cheers

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    It's a great image, it makes the mountain look very foreboding.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow is right
    beautiful

6. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    Go for it, ye shall not regret thy decision!!!

Seriously, you need to do that to admire the scenery. My medicore photographic skills do not permit me to present the full awe of the sight to the forums, :)

Thanks, I think it can be better, but then this is all I can do, glad you folks like the image. :)

7. Beautiful!! I can't wait till I can trek around that region. Some day when the kids are older... :)

8. reggieanne

reggieanne

Feb 17, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    this is a beautiful picture!

9. espn

espn

Dec 11, 2005
    Singapore
    I understand, but do it soon, heard that China is going to build a highway to the EBC for the olympics torch carriers. Haiz.

Thanks! And sorry for the super late reply. Heehee.

10. Awesome picture!! So lucky of you - hope you had a great time!! I can only bow my head before such splendor as a modest Swiss moutaineer :smile:

11. Great picture Michael. Someday I'll get there to see it personally. It is a dream of mine.

God Bless,
    David

12. very cool shot, no pun intended.:biggrin: