Mt. Holyoke College - the Main Street tour

I live in the so-called "Five College" area of Western Mass, which houses Smith, Amherst, Mt. Holyoke, Hampshire, and UMass-Amherst.

The Mt. Holyoke campus is just mile or two from where I live. Not generally known is the fact that with over 2800 students Mt. Holyoke is the largest undergraduate-only liberal arts college in the country. My alma mater, Oberlin College, is second. For the students, the four years spent at Mt. Holyoke puts them at the center of the universe, as the following street sign attests:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Visit the following link for a tour of the campus as it fronts Route 116 in South Hadley, MA (some intresting buildings and generally peaceful ambience), as well as the quaint little shopping area across from the campus which house the renowned Odyssey Bookstore.

http://www.pbase.com/hflphotos/mount_holyoke_college&page=1

In the next month or so I plan to revisit the campus and show the more hidden parts away from the main thoroughfare. And over the next two years I hope to photo-document all five campuses.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots! Brings back memories of writers' conferences I attended there many years ago. (I wasn't a student, but did attend two of their outstanding 2 week summer writing conferences many years ago.)

Beautiful campus, nicely captured!

Latest threads

Top Bottom