Mt Hood late Summer

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Dec 27, 2005.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

This is the first photo Ive edited with my new monitor and Im not sure how it will look.My normal adjustments didnt work well so I just played around until looked right.
    Adjustments are auto levels/auto contrast/+10 saturation/-5 green channel/+10 red channel/medium noise reduction[which didnt do much] and mild sharpening in the USM. Please tell me if you see a color cast in the shot? To me this monitor has a slight green cast to it compared to my other one.The shot is 1/125@ f-16 with the 70-300ED which isint half bad for the price.
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is a beautiful picture....

Thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2005
  3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Gale,Im still thinking there's a bit of green cast in it.Maybe Im being too picky?

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Pete

Hi Pete

Looks brilliant on my monitor - fabulous shot with great colour - No green tint for me -looks perfect!

All the best

Ray

5. No green here either, very clean.
    Excellent shot. It looks so peaceful, let's hope it stays that way!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pete ,
    If it is there is is so slight I can't see it.

In PS did you try selective color and move neutral, white, black, green seperatly and see what shows better maybe.

But then I don't know how much to trust my monitor. I have software claibrated it. But that doesn't mean it is exact.

Did you try a print..

7. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Super Great.Thanks Ray and Brian I'll take your words for it. Gale, I did try white,gray and black eye dropper in PS.I fooled with the color sliders also but it sounds like you may mean something else though that I dont know about.My photoshop skills could use a shot in the arm for sure. Thank You!