Mt.Hood Sunrise

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Fab colour shades

I like the very slight pink/red tinge from the sky on the mountain. Nice shot!

2. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Robert,I wish you could have been there it was wonderful.

3. Now that's a sunrise!! Very nice!!

4. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Kevin,That was this morning.I just got back.

5. Beautiful capture Pete, the next best thing to being there.

6. Beatufiful capture, Pete. Mount Hood, another great place in Oregon, another great memory.

Now I am waiting for your captures of Crater Lake, my favourite Oregon spot.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic image.

Have you tried LAB mode to pull some more of the pink out of that mountain.

8. capdek

capdek Guest

RE: Mt. Hood Sunrise

Stunning photo Pete!

Where exactly did you take it? Was there a lot of snow in the area? I'd like to visit there this Sunday - weather permitting of course.

9. great colours....great capture

Bob

10. lovely scene!

11. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Phil,as luck would have it everytime Ive been to Crater lake its been so foggy you cant even see the water.I'll keep trying though and yes thats an incredible place.

12. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Dave,{Lake O Dave}heck we are neighbors..LOL. Do you know Pete's Mtn road in West Linn? Up there. Sorry for the late reply been out shooting again.

13. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Gale,all I did was go +10 with the saturation slider and I didnt really even need to do that.I do have my white balance set all cloudy -1 and that seems to color things up pretty good. Thats where I leave it most times.Other than that its the 300f/4 @ f/16.It sure is a sweet lens....Thank You again!

14. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

RB,Bob and Dave....thanks you guys !

15. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Pete

That is awesome!

Have you had to process a lot to get the colour or am I just used to the English Sun!!

It is just incredible and to be fair, I would have to process to get anything near that.

Just beautiful.

Best wishes

Ray

16. Your a prolific shooter and this latest one is beautiful. Way to go Pete.

17. RForshey

RForshey Guest

very pretty stuff Pete..

18. Whoo Hoo!! Are you sure you dd not throw some bright colors of paint in the sky yourself..