Mt. Hood

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by tb97124, Sep 14, 2008.

1. tb97124

tb97124

Jan 13, 2008
    USA
    Mount%20Hood%20at%20Trillium%20Lake%204x6.

Does the sky work?

2. Blair

Blair

Jul 28, 2006
    Oregon
    the sky is pretty plain, maybe shop in some clouds. also the horizon looks a little off to me.

3. A beautiful scene. Thanks for sharing.

4. Great compo and framing:wink:

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A very lovely and peaceful image. It is so different from my everyday surroundings :) 

6. tb97124

tb97124

Jan 13, 2008
    USA
    This is different from my everyday surroundings as well, we drove ~1.5 hrs to get to this lake. But is was worth the drive.

7. I would love to sit on the rock, drop my bare feet in the water and enjoy... Just wonder if I need a fishing rod:smile:

8. tb97124

tb97124

Jan 13, 2008
    USA
    I appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.

9. Very peaceful, I love the lighting of the mountain.

10. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I really like this image, and love the light on the far mountain, looks like it is lit from the left side.

I think a crop is my preference, I don't seem to like the large rock in front, not the best looking rock there is out in the lake, but I love your sky and the negative space it creates. I think it adds focus to the light and mountain.

Since I liked this image so much a did a few tweaks in post,

I cropped to remove the bottom and side rock, I also added some natural light to the rocks to warm them up and placed one rock on the lower rules of third hotspot and the mountain then ends up at the other prime 3rd spot.

I did darken the sky a tiny amount, but that is a preference. Added some more saturation, and I figured it isn't as shot, but more of an artistic thought inspired by nature, The post work will look much better on the full res file.

Cheers, and congrats on a nice feel to the image.

Wade

orig:
    Mount%20Hood%20at%20Trillium%20Lake%204x6.

worked:
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.