Mt Rainier and Olympic Coast

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by james thiel, Sep 10, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    James,that third one is just fantastic great capture truely a masterpiece

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW

Such beauty...Well captured.

Hope you have lots of walls for these nice large prints :>)))

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    James,

Some really fine shots, I like #3 best, and I think compositionally all are really very good, however, on your first image, there seems to be a lot of "dead" space or a lack of good wildflowers. Too much green, I would think about cropping off the bottom and try for a 2:1 ratio and print at a 10x20 image size. It would be a stunning vista I bet. The trees and sky and distant mountains are superb in that first shot.

That is about all I can say except....WOW....

Cheers,

Wade

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2005
  4. Thanks all. Yes I totally agree with you Wade. The mountain is very nice but I was disappointed that the flowers were not around in this meadow area. I actually have a similar shot from this place in the fall and the colors are great. I think your suggestion about the crop is right on.

I was lucky on the third shot to get the sun hitting the waves. I think it is what makes the shot work. Again thanks for your advice.

5. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    James,

Ooooh - that landscape looks so inviting. I can almost smell that mountain air just from these pictures.

Is'nt it summer there - how come you have snow on your mountains ? (I guess it never melts maybe)

Nice compositions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005