Critique Mt Rainier at Sundown

Real Name
Ken St John
Took this image of Mt Rainier just after official "sundown" a few days ago. I have two versions, one un-cropped from the camera and one with the mountain dead center. Trying to figure out which one I like better? What do you think?

1 - Original
Mt Rainier - Original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Centered
Mt Rainier - Centered.jpg

I know the difference is not huge, but I generally stay away from having my subject dead center. But this time, I think it works.

Thanks in advance!!

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
You have to know the rules.
So that you know when to break them.
Being centered here doesn't bother me at all. The original one looks like you tried to center it and missed.
Nice image. Any chance of getting a little detail in the foreground?
gary
There's not much detail in the foreground without really amping up the noise. It was pretty dark by this time ... a bit earlier it looked like this ...
Rainier Winter-154.jpg

Not much interesting there at all, although it does add a bit of depth.

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
I like the original (#1).

Thanks .. that's kind of the way I lean as well.

Well done. Either is great but if I had to choose I would take the centered one.

Thanks!!

It's beautiful. I'm okay with both.

Thanks!!

Both 1 and 2 are great, I much prefer the darker foreground.

I do as well. This is from a parking lot of a small church on the main road to the park, and it's a well known "vista". They even have a little bench to sit down and contemplate the view!!

I like the 3rd one best. Maybe add some color to give it more punch.

Thanks!!

Stunning view. Hard to quibble with any of those versions. Envious of your vista!

Thanks!! This is one of the better known stops for distant views of the mountains. When the weather improves, I'm planning to try out a couple of others.

Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom