Mt Rainier-Washington in B&W

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You have channelled your inner Ansel Adams - wow! That is fantastic! The contrasts and the reflections are wonderful; well done!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thank you Lyndee
thank you Merlin
Thank you Alex

my son (dangerkilo) from this site to me (Daniel) was with me..
we arrive and there were around 15 photographers there, waiting for sunrise..
it was in the mid 40's.. a bit cool with a breeze.. totally fogged in as shown here.. first hour or so.. the photogs left to be only 3 of us remaining. 3 hrs after we arrived the fog/clouds started to part and soon to be.. clear, sunny and beautiful. Patience was well worth it.. plus some of the shots with the clouds are impressive as well.. so many pics, so little time for PP.

Thanks Rob
Thanks Pancho
Bob.. this is from Reflective lakes, so yes.. Paradise side. go past the Main lodge, down the road a few miles.. on the left. there is the large lake and the smaller lake.

in color as the clouds started to part

Just beautiful. The B&W photo has much bigger impact than the color version. Probably, it would have been a killer shot if you had managed during golden hours. Too bad the fog spoiled it. Nevertheless, you have got a wonderful keeper.

thank you..both
yes.. we arrived for sunrise.. but no luck this day.
going back in Sept.. will give it another try..as this area will close once the snow falls as they do not clear the roads due to cost and distance.
thanks again.

Great shot. I was out at the Ref Lake this time last year and lucked out to get one morning with the mountain. It was clouded over the rest of my trip too. You've motivated me to try my hand at BW conversion.

Real Name
Tony Admana
Karl,

As the saying goes, "Good things happen for those who wait". Indeed, it was well worth the wait, and it paid off. Love the B&W conversion, and it's definitely a "Winner".

Cheers,
Tony

thanks Chris B and Tony AD
want to go back in SEPT but just found out.. Rainier is one of the few National parks that do not allow dogs and we are big hikers/snow shoe folk..but no dogs allowed. Will have to rethink going back now since it is dog, unfriendly

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom