Critique Mt. Rushmore - view @ 100% detail added - Post #14

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
We recently had the pleasure of visiting Mt. Rushmore. We had been there in 2009 and 2012. This time the Avenue of (State) Flags was being redone....so no photo ops there and no access to the trail that winds along the bottom of the carvings. AND - due to COVID no nighttime program. (BTW - if you ever visit Mt. Rushmore when they offer the nighttime program, make an effort to attend. It is very special!)

However, I did manage to create my all-time favorite image of Mt. Rushmore.

You can see my full gallery of Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse images HERE........

_8505502_BW-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
A wonderful image, Karen!
Rich in detail and tones. The sky forms a great background against which the statues stand out.
On thing I'm less fond of, is the border but that's just a personal preference of course.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
A wonderful image, Karen!
Rich in detail and tones. The sky forms a great background against which the statues stand out.
On thing I'm less fond of, is the border but that's just a personal preference of course.
I was waiting for you! Here you go.....
_8505502_BW_NoBorder-X3.jpg

I have never had the opportunity to visit Mt. Rushmore but for being something carved out of granite I think its remarkable how they made the detail of the eyes so realistic.

Awesome version of this place. I really like how you got the mountain, trees, and NONE of the structure where the masses hang out. We went there last Fall and viewed it through a tunnel from a few miles away. This one rocks.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Terrific job Karen with rich detail. Sure hope this structure is able to survive the current movement to destroy our monuments.
Thanks, Louie!
One of the better photos I have seen of this historic sight.
It just all seemed to come together in this photo! The fine details from the D850 are amazing!
Excellent!
Quite a compliment - from da' JUDGE! LOL!
How could it not be?
Guess that means you like it!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
That's the one Karen. Superb pic. And I would really like to see the Crazy Horse version should I ever get over there with time for a wander.
Appreciate the comments!
I have never had the opportunity to visit Mt. Rushmore but for being something carved out of granite I think its remarkable how they made the detail of the eyes so realistic.
Here a bit of infor for you: The irises of the eyes were sculpted as holes. A cube of granite was left in each to represent the reflection highlight thereby making the appearance of the eyes more realistic.

:)
Yes, much cleaner and no distractions from this fabulous monument.
If I print this, I will print it with no border.
Awesome version of this place. I really like how you got the mountain, trees, and NONE of the structure where the masses hang out. We went there last Fall and viewed it through a tunnel from a few miles away. This one rocks.
Thanks, Bobby! I took this just inside the entrance at the visitor center. It is quite a remarkable place!
Terrific version of Mt R. The detail is extraordinary!
Viewed at 100%, the details from the D850 are pretty amazing. Here is a section of the image @ 100%
_8505502_BW_NoBorder_100%.jpg

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Karen, this is one of the very best photos I've ever seen of Mt. Rushmore. And your 100% detail is simply amazing. Frame it and hang it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom