Mtn Goats- creativity

Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Mtn Sheep- creativity

Dont look too hard, but thought I would have some fun. I actually got a good sequence, rarely do I scream off 8 consecutive shots. LOL But this little one was about to run across the stream, he didnt want to go, didnt like getting his feet wet :Unsure:

This was shot @ 700MM and yes actually had continous AF on this time :smile: , kind of like it. LOL............

cant post using original?? You can see the first shot at original sizing:
http://www.pbase.com/keithrankin/image/48093707/original

48093707.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

48133374.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Cool series Keith. Nothing like the 'Machine Gun H', except maybe the 'Machine Gun X'. :biggrin:
 
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
1,777
Location
IL
Keith:

Very cool! :cool: And you didn't think you had a creative bone in your body. This is pretty unique....I like it a lot! :smile:
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
3,497
Location
South SF Bay Area, CA.
Yes, the machine gun approach is something else, huh? That's the second thing I tried when I got my D2H a few month back (the fist one was to focus on a moving target, a cat!) :wink:

Your final image is very interesting: how difficult was it to cut the masks and do the blending? Lots of work, I suspect...
 
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
5,963
Location
SF Bay Area, California
Great series, Keith. I can see where that next to the last image was a challenge to blend. You are lucky to have gotten so many good clear images you could try this with. My hat is off to you!

Virginia
aka beaucamera
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Lisa, and who would have thought :tongue: This is as good as it gets. LOL!!!!!!!!!


Lisa said:
Keith:

Very cool! :cool: And you didn't think you had a creative bone in your body. This is pretty unique....I like it a lot! :smile:
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi Philippe, thanks for commenting. That second image was my first shot at it, and as you can see I didnt spend allot of time doing it. Maximum 10 minutes. All I did was create a new canvas, cut and paste the other images into it in layers, set the opacity and use the eraser to remove parts of the pics I didnt want, and touch up the part of the new canvas that wasnt used. that is it, not difficult and a first for me.........learn a little something every day. was kind of fun.........


Philippe Roger said:
Yes, the machine gun approach is something else, huh? That's the second thing I tried when I got my D2H a few month back (the fist one was to focus on a moving target, a cat!) :wink:

Your final image is very interesting: how difficult was it to cut the masks and do the blending? Lots of work, I suspect...
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Ben, I think I should use the gattling gun a bit more, might be surprised on a pic that I would not have otherwise gotten, I worry too much in keeping those actuations down. LOL!! :wink:


bfjr said:
Machine Guns rule :biggrin:
And that's a very cool effect :cool:
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Virginia, yeah your right, but hey I forced it too work. LOL...........was just trying to have some fun. Didnt spend a whole lot of time on it as I have no interest in printing. I have seen it done it past and thought it was kind of cool. Learned something new yesterday :cool:

beaucamera said:
Great series, Keith. I can see where that next to the last image was a challenge to blend. You are lucky to have gotten so many good clear images you could try this with. My hat is off to you!

Virginia
aka beaucamera
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Mike, actually you gave me that idea a year ago when you did the deer series. LOL!! This was actually my first opportunity to try. Turned out ok but was bitter sweet was doing this at 700mm........starting to really like the 500mm af-s....... a little close as it was a struggle keeping in viewfinder. Go figure, last two series a mile a way and this one too close. Will come together sooner or later. :biggrin:


mike mac said:
Very cool PS work got to love those 8fps when you need them very well presented
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom