Featured Much needed fun family time

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, May 15, 2017.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Life has been interesting for us the past year....It has probably been the hardest year of my life, but yet the best in some ways too!! It seems that with life's trials (that I realize everyone experiences) my photography bug has faded. But, I still love to capture memories of special family times. All of our kids have RVs......and we do, too. We loaded up the trailers and went to a local area to relax for a couple of days, What fun we had!! Last fall, we almost lost a little grandson to a very rare genetic disorder that we didn't know he had. (He is holding the green fishing pole in the first photo below.) He was life flighted to a children's hospital in Salt Lake where it was touch and go for a while. He was diagnosed with Beta Keto Thiolase Disorder. Getting the simple flu caused him to get ketoacidosis that nearly killed him. That has been a bitter pill to swallow because his life will always be hard. Greg is recuperating from two knee replacements that have had many setbacks despite doing all the doctors suggested. I guess growing scar tissue is a talent we didn't know he had.... His mobility in one knee is limited, but slowly improving. The stress has caused my psoriatic arthritis to flare. Our little grandson Brighton's Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis has been worse. We are caring for Greg's 97 year old mother. Many health issues have been so difficult. So, getting out and away from the house and our problems was so good for us even if we can't hike and do some of the things we love. I'm glad we have some photos to remember the fun time. We are grateful for our family support and love. We are grateful for our faith. We are grateful for this beautiful world. We are grateful that even though some things are hard, all the most important things in life are good. Today on Mother's Day, I am feeling very grateful for my blessings!! PS....We have 15 grandchildren now.....whew!!!! _DSC0237-Edit. _DSC0280-Edit-2. _DSC0287-Edit. _DSC0226-Edit. _DSC0257-Edit. _DSC0255-Edit. _DSC0250-Edit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wonderful images of your family, Terri...! :)

And my best thoughts and wishes that things get better all 'round for you and your's... ;)

3. You may have lost the photography bug for a while, Terri, but you've certainly not lost your talent for taking some cracking images! I'm sure these will be treasured by you and your family for many years to come.
    Gill and I became grandparents for the first time 14 months ago today; we've just had granddaughter Jasmine to stay for 2 nights whilst her parents were away at a wedding so I think I know how special your family time will have been. Despite us have 3 grown up kids, I can't see us ever reaching the dizzy heights of 15 grandchildren!! How do you keep track of them all?!

4. Family, friends, fun, faith, food and fotography!

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Things always get better. Sure hope it happens soon!! Thanks so much.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Being a grandparent is the best!! We are not able to go to all their games/programs, etc. We do the best we can and make sure we get to at least one game for each child each season.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    :)

8. Fun times!! Thanks for sharing the photos.

9. Wonderful photos of your family. Being together and enjoying each other's company as a family unit is the best medicine of all.

10. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    An awesome group of photos Terri, they are enough to give anyone smiles.

11. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I'm happy you and the family got a chance to get out and relax. Sorry to hear of all the health issues and I hope things settle for the better soon. And is that Rylee I see? So grown, she's gotten, as well as all the other grandkids! Wonderful photos, as usual, Terri and thanks for sharing them!

12. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Terri, Thanks so much for the updates, and your family - as you are - are just wonderful people. Sorry to hear about all the medical issues, but your spirit is as always remarkable.

Take care!

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Nice to hear from you, Mitchell!!
    I agree with that 100%. Thanks.
    I'm glad they made you smile!!
    That is Rylee. She is 6 now and is so tall!! She is certainly a sweetie pie as is her cousin Ashlyn who also turned 6 on the trip. What fun those two have together. They are best friends. I'm sure things will settle down soon. We will just have to get used to a new normal!!
    Thank you, Wade!! My attitude has certainly had its ups and downs the past year. Greg made it back to work this week and that normalcy has helped immensely!!

14. That is great news!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Those are some wonderful family photos. I hope we get to see a lot more soon.

16. Oh, I almost missed this! What a delightful family gathering you all had, and what great photos you captured! You have not lost your touch, Terri! These are wonderfully evocative of the fun everyone was having and of the closeness your family shares....something to treasure! Sorry to hear about the health situations, but especially in the case of your little grandson with the rare disorder, the good news is that it HAS been identified and that everyone can move forward, armed with information about it and prepared to deal with medical issues around it in the future. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos of a fun family time together!

17. myfotoguy

myfotoguy

Mar 12, 2011
    Minnesota
    Great shots, technically and artistically (capturing the joy). Like you, I love capturing family memories. Sorry about the hard times, it's encouraging to hear your grateful attitude through all the challenges. I just got back to DSLR photography after three years away. I had sold all my gear to help with family medical bills and tend to other needs. Thankfully this year I was able to refresh my bag and get back into it.

Not sure if you will remember me or not. A few years ago you had written an article for a blog I was keeping (I think it was on brightening eyes in Photoshop). Your article was great, but I decided a while back to no longer keep the blog going. Anyway, I was checking back into Nikon Café since I have new gear, and I was checking Recent Posts and saw your name (I hope I remembered all this correctly).

Thanks for sharing the shots and your story. If it's okay with you, I'll say some prayers for your family.

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I hope to shoot more soon!! If all are feeling up to it, there will be a little family trip again soon!!

Yes, finding out about our grandson's disorder was such a shock. We had to go through our mourning period, but now all are moving ahead and he is progressing. His parents know what to do when he gets ill again. He is having physical therapy and is now walking. He is also in speech therapy and is starting to talk. He is smart as can be and often gets frustrated when his body won't keep up with his thoughts.

I do remember you, now!! Glad to have you back on the cafe. Prayers are always welcome in our family!!

19. Terri, you have a very beautiful family. Talking about genetic diseases, I have two grandchildren with muscular distrophy and one of them has been confined to a wheelchair for the past 9 years.
    God bless you and your family and keep the good spirit and your photography alive.

20. Ronald M

Ronald M

Nov 10, 2008
    Chicago
    beautiful family and lovely pics to treasure.

How can you say the bug has gone? You did well. Just the subject has changed.