Mud Lake, Idaho

The name Mud Lake doesn't sound very appealing, does it? But, it is home to a huge population of migratory birds every spring. We took a drive there yesterday. April Fools didn't play any jokes on us this year because the weather was perfect for early spring in Idaho. After seeing the birds we drove to a pretty spot on the Snake River to watch the sunset.

Mud Lake

p2119202664.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Doesn't look to muddy to me!!

p1889315505.jpg

I guess birds are part of the landscape, too!!

p2113641122.jpg

Below is a horrible photo, but I'm hoping someone can tell me what kind of bird this is. We had never seen one like it here before.

p2109620901.jpg

The next few were taken of the Snake River near the Menan Buttes. The supports of an old bridge are still in the river. Fishing is a very popular activity here.

p2140862662.jpg

Old gear to open a head gate to a canal for irrigation.

p2106837783.jpg

We drove onto the bridge two photos up and watched the sunset. It didn't disappoint.

p2092712941.jpg

SE Idaho at its best! Driven by many times, but never stopped there. Maybe this summer when I come down to work with the folks at St Anthony Dunes.
PS, Nick. What kind of work do you do at the St Anthony Dunes? Believe it or not, I have only been to the dunes once. We drove up there last fall to check it out.

very enjoyable series Terri
Thank you, Dave.
Beautiful series Terri. The sun set shot is wonderful and the people in it made it more special.
Thank you, Peter. I've been noticing that a lot of landscape photographers are including people in their shots now. I love the trend. I think it adds a lot of scale and a bit of drama to the photos.

Latest threads

Top Bottom