Mule Deer near the Grand Coulee Dam

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Retief, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Nancy and I went out to the Grand Coulee Dam last weekend to find some sun and to find Nancy some animals to photograph. Late in the day on Saturday we went out to Steamboat Rock and found some willing subjects.

Looked for a herd of Bighorn Sheep in the area with no luck, but we did find some Mule Deer late in Saturday evening. All shot with D200 and either the 400 f2.8 plus 1.7 TC or with the Sigma 120-300 f2.8 plus 1.4 TC. All shot off beanbag, no tripods as we did not want to spook the animals.

The first two were shot by Nancy, we both liked this young buck.
    Hunkered down and hiding:
    [​IMG]

Hey, what you lookin' at?????
    [​IMG]

The next two are mine:
    Tasty Bush, do you want a piece?
    [​IMG]

Fun Time
    [​IMG]

The last image I took the TC off the 400mm for more light, this was shot off my car door, on a beanbag, ISO 1600, wide open at 1/80s. Just after 9PM as we were driving back to our motel. We saw 5 young Bucks, not sure what this one was doing.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow they all look like paintings
    Beautiful

3. Sweet set of shots Bill. There may have been a bit of squaring off for territory going on in that last shot. Nice series, and glad you ran into some opportuinties over there.

Louie