Multiple flash, softbox, octobox

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by greyflash, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Using my SU800 to control two SB800's in a softbox and one SB800 in an octobox and yet another SB600 as a hair light proved to be easy. Adjusting the light levels on camera was very helpful, especially since the two SB800's were enclosed in a large softbox and would have been very difficult to set otherwise.

Model was a teenager in my neighborhood:

original.

2. Nikon's CLS Questions

These shots (including your other posting) look great. I was thinking of trying to do some portraits of my granddaughter.

I am looking to buy an SU-4 to fire my SB-28 from the built in flash on my D200 and also using the SB-800 I recently bought. I am trying to sneak up on this capability slowly i.e. invest as little as possible to see if I continue to have an interest... Maybe later I will buy an SU-800 and possibly another SB-600 / 800.

Are there any web pages that talk about the use of Nikon's Creative Lighting system with these older tools? I started to read http://strobist.blogspot.com but found it much more broadly focused on all types of equipment.

Have been following Uncle Frank's tutorial (lesson L102: Unit 1.1 - the first assignment) and am looking forward to the next lesson.

I have an SU-4 on order, but it seems to be in short supply? Do you know where they actually have some in stock?

Sorry for all the questions!:confused:

3. Thanks Gordon!

4. Sorry to disappoint, Dan, but my thread about the first lesson turned into a brewhaha, and I've been reluctant to start another. But that doesn't mean I'm not devouring every issue of the Strobist. It's great stuff!

5. Thanks for the heads up Frank. I was going to give you a special award if you successfully managed that group!

Thanks for trying!

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Gordon - awesome picture. I bought a light stand and umbrella this afternoon. I only have 1 sb600 and the flip up flash. This is my first attempt. I can't wait til I get the $ together for a couple more flashes.

172003741-700x700.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  7. Your off to an excellent start Gary. Keep it up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.