Multiple keyword searches

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by woodie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. woodie

woodie

Aug 2, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I'm using a trial copy of Lightroom 2 so I'm strictly a newbie with the product. Please excuse if this is a trivial question.

I want to search for images with certain keywords and WITHOUT other keywords and haven't figured out how. I go to the filter area and select Text. LR2 gives me one line for the filter. Is there any way to get multiple lines for the same search type, i.e., Text?

Example:
    Images with the pet dog have the keyword petdog. Images with the pet cat have the keyword petcat. Images with both the dog and cat have both keywords. I want to find images with ONLY THE DOG. I set the filter for keyword contains petdog and I get the dog pictures but I also get the dog and cat pictures. I need a second line that lets me set "does not contain" petcat.

(I have neither a dog nor a cat but I hope you get what I'm trying to do.)

I guess I could do multiple passes of filtering. First get the images with both then save those images to a temporary collection and do a second search on "doesn't contain" but this could get lengthy with several keywords.

Other applications I've tried allow adding line(s) to combine search criteria. Is this possible with Lightroom?

Thanks.