Multiple keyword searches

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by woodie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. woodie

woodie

Aug 2, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I'm using a trial copy of Lightroom 2 so I'm strictly a newbie with the product. Please excuse if this is a trivial question.

I want to search for images with certain keywords and WITHOUT other keywords and haven't figured out how. I go to the filter area and select Text. LR2 gives me one line for the filter. Is there any way to get multiple lines for the same search type, i.e., Text?

Example:
    Images with the pet dog have the keyword petdog. Images with the pet cat have the keyword petcat. Images with both the dog and cat have both keywords. I want to find images with ONLY THE DOG. I set the filter for keyword contains petdog and I get the dog pictures but I also get the dog and cat pictures. I need a second line that lets me set "does not contain" petcat.

(I have neither a dog nor a cat but I hope you get what I'm trying to do.)

I guess I could do multiple passes of filtering. First get the images with both then save those images to a temporary collection and do a second search on "doesn't contain" but this could get lengthy with several keywords.

Other applications I've tried allow adding line(s) to combine search criteria. Is this possible with Lightroom?

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.