Share Mundi Mundi plains Broken Hill Australia

Have not been too active on the forum due to work but here is a shot I took on a work trip out to Broken Hill. Nikon Z7, 24-70 f4s.
Mundimundi1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful soft light and excellent composition! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks? I love that time of day when you get what I call the second sunset, or purple hour. after the sun has gone down and everyone packs up you get this second blast of very interesting light. Not sure the technical term for it but it has always taught me to stick around.

Beautiful lighting. Lovely scene.
If you are going to print this, and I hope you do, there are a couple of little things sticking out of the top of the hills that attract my attention. You may want to make them go away.
Thanks for sharing a beautiful piece.
Gary

Very well done. I think many photographers call the "the blue hour".
Hi yeah but you know after the blue hour it kind of goes dark and then there is this brief period of a few minutes where everything lights up purple coloured. I guess it could still be considered the blue hour. But for me it is something I now wait for and consider to be its own unique light. It is good because like the blue hour there isn't a lot of dynamic range to contend with so its a fairly even soft light.

Beautiful lighting. Lovely scene.
If you are going to print this, and I hope you do, there are a couple of little things sticking out of the top of the hills that attract my attention. You may want to make them go away.
Thanks for sharing a beautiful piece.
Gary
Hi Garry, do you mean the trees or artefacts? I can also see the artefacts, I had to focus stack to get everything sharp, I did it manually so probably just sloppiness on my part. It doesn't show up on the image in my hard drive only when I share on this website. I am not sure if it will show up in a print. If I go down that route I will have see. There are trees also sticking up but they don't bother me so much, this won't be my final edit, was just a quick 20 minute edit to see what I could do with it.

Such a gorgeous scene of light, color, lines and composition!

I wonder if the term you're thinking of is twilight.

This would also make a great black-and-white image, though a completely different image.

Was there any reason you didn't simply stop down and get everything in focus in one shot, at least to compare it with the results of focus stacking? Having asked that, I'm impressed that you focus bracketed and stacked so effectively without using a tripod.

Last edited:
Such a gorgeous scene of light, color, lines and composition!

I wonder if the term you're thinking of is twilight.

This would also make a great black-and-white image, though a completely different image.

Was there any reason you didn't simply stop down and get everything in focus in one shot, at least to compare it with the results of focus stacking? Having asked that, I'm impressed that you focus bracketed and stacked so effectively without using a tripod.
Hi I used a tripod, there was no way I could get it all in focus in one shot because my lens was at 70mm and the tree was very close to my lens. I tried setting the lens to f16 but it still wasn’t all in focus and diffraction was noticeable. I just figured if I can’t get it all in one shot I may as well shoot at a good aperture like f8 odd and focus stack.

Latest threads

Top Bottom