Murals and Low riders (Leica CL)

Went by an area east of downtown Houston today for the murals. I wanted to test the camera in an area with vibrant colors so that I could test some of the jpeg settings.

Here are the best from today. All were taken from DNG files and converted in lightroom.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
EaDo Mural (LC1000011)

EaDo Mural (LC1000012-2)

EaDo Mural (LC1000014)

Low Rider EaDo (LC1000019)

Low rider EaDo (LC1000020)

You really found some vibrant color in this murals.
Love the murals and the colors are nice and bright. Also, those cars - yes!!!
Thank you both. I chose the location because of the colors. I had shot with the D7100 there before. So I knew what to expect. The Low Riders were an added bonus. What I need to do now is to go back to the NEF Files and process them in Lightroom. I will copy the adjustments from the DNG files and apply them to the NEF files for a like to like comparison. I will post the comparative photos when I can.

I missed these until recently. Very nice indeed. I'll keep checking back. How are you finding this little Leica?
I have been enjoying it quite a bit. The lighter weight is a real plus. But I do miss the image stabilization. I will at some point get the 18mm f2.8 to have a fast lens. The only real downside so far has been the app that acts as a remote shutter release. It is a bit finicky. Several people on Red Dot Forum have had marginal success. I need to try their solutions.

As far as glass acquisition, the next lens will be the 11-23 vario and then the 18mm f2.8.

The colors are a real plus in these images. I am looking forward to your test results. How do you like the handling? Does the focus point wander for you?
Thanks for the comments Allan. I have had a bit of a issue with the focus point issue but it is more of an operator error issues as the focus point always go to the same place (upper right corner). I must be pressing the touch screen with my thumb prior to shutting off the camera.

I was hoping to go out this weekend to Brazos Bend SP for some landscape tests but it looks like it will be another rainy weekend. I may still go just for additional low light tests. The shots in Waco had good color but I was trying to handhold too many of them. There is one of an old movie theater that turned out well. I used a light pole to stabilize the camera.

Here is one that I took while traveling the backroads around Waco.
Abandoned Car (LC1000050)
I converted it in Lightroom from the DNG file.

The photo below was taken at the Confederate Reunion Grounds. The photos was converted in lightroom from the DNG file. It is a historical site managed by the State Parks department. The place must have really been something in its day. It had its own springs for fresh water, a pump house and a house that would host gatherings for the rural community.
Confederate Reunion Grounds (LC1000074)
The cannon's name is "Old Val Verde". It was captured by Confederate troops at the battle of Val Verde and used through the end of the war. At the end, the troops buried it thinking the south would rise again. When that did not happen, they unburied it, put it on a new carriage and used it to promote reunions.

Is there no remote shutter release apart from an app? If not, I presume that there is a timer function?
The camera does not have any external ports. All connections are by wifi. I typically remove the memory card when transferring files.

There is a timer feature but I have not tried it yet. It is surprising how many features the camera has that I have not explored. If I set it to scene mode, I can get in camera HDR photos. I really should explore it but I typically shoot in aperture priority mode.

Thanks for the comments Allan. I have had a bit of a issue with the focus point issue but it is more of an operator error issues as the focus point always go to the same place (upper right corner). I must be pressing the touch screen with my thumb prior to shutting off the camera.
I asked that because a friend told me the CL would be a perfect small camera for me. I recently bought a Fuji X-e3 and a moving focus point was a problem. I finally turned off the touch screen feature and keep the focus point centered.
Keep up the fun and let us know your thoughts - just in case I don't like the Fuji. :)

I asked that because a friend told me the CL would be a perfect small camera for me. I recently bought a Fuji X-e3 and a moving focus point was a problem. I finally turned off the touch screen feature and keep the focus point centered.
Keep up the fun and let us know your thoughts - just in case I don't like the Fuji. :)
I considered the Fujis but in my heart, I have always wanted a Leica because of the optics. I choked at spending 4k for it knowing I have a few thousand more to lay out for more lenses. Plus I want to upgrade the remaining D7100 to a D500. Small steps though so as not to upset my wife.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom