Mushroom interlude

Interlude, because it's not really mushroom season, but two weeks ago - after some persistant rains on following heat period they shot up like mushrooms - wait a moment -these are mushrooms :wink:
There were quite a few Boletus aestivalis which only appear in summer. No photos because they were hiding under some heavily entangled shrubs. But fried in butter they made a delicious side dish.

What else I found and shot (Nikon D200, PC-Nikkor 85/2.8 Micro) - see below.

Russula aurea, a rare representative of that genus (edible and very tasty)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Russula vesca, quite common (also edible and very tasty)

Xerula radicans, a small species (no idea whether it's edible or not)

Two youngsters of Xerocomus chrysenteron (edible).

A very old and rotten specimen of Boletus luridus (also edible, but not in this state :smile:)

Well, I hope some of you got hungry :biggrin:

Cheers

Is it autumn already? I like the light and composition but not really sure you made me hungry. How about some Cantharellus cibarius?

Harry,
In the first couple of pictures it looks as if you have been tasting them.... you're supposed to eat them after you photograph them!

Is it autumn already? I like the light and composition but not really sure you made me hungry. How about some Cantharellus cibarius?

Thanks Torben, the time will come for Cantharellus, but they are pretty rare here in the low lands. I will surely visit my uncle who has a house in the mountains and if they bloom like two years ago then I will shoot images of Cantharellus meadows :smile:

Cheers

Thanks Greg and Paul!

Harry,
In the first couple of pictures it looks as if you have been tasting them.... you're supposed to eat them after you photograph them!
You have to know, when it comes to mushrooms I am a very impatient person. My passion for mushrooms is surpassed only by that of my wife, and hobbits maybe :smile:.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - forgot to mention, they were all lit with two SB-R200's, partly lying somewhere on the ground partly hand-held.

BTW - it's a pity that no other photographer was with me. I would have liked too see what I look like crawling on the ground like a wild boar digging for acorns :biggrin:

Cheers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom