1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mushrooms at noon

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jryoung1947, Sep 29, 2008.

1. This is my first try with live view. This was under the boardwalk and tough to get to. So I tried live view. I upped the shutter speed to 1/640 to compensate for my one hand holding. I had this at f/13 to get some additional Irish AF. :smile: @ iso3200

2898951817_68fa338568_b.

Camera: Nikon D700
    Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/640)
    Aperture: f/13
    Focal Length: 60 mm
    ISO Speed: 3200
    Exposure Bias: 1/3 EV

2898952147_f22f7c6a59_b.

Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 60 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

2. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I love the first one, great color!

3. Thumbs up especially the first shot...Super

4. Really nice shots John, that first one though, wow! Looks like something out of a fantasy.... Is that a caterpillar on the tree in the background?

5. Good catch, it was on the mushroom when I got there. I had not noticed it in the background. It must have fallen on the mushroom as it was quickly off. I took a quick shot and was trying to figure how to compose this. When I finished tinkering with live view it was gone. :smile:

2899795270_490af006c0_b.

6. Great shots, John. The first is gorgeous, and the second really shows the concave umbrella shape.

7. I just noticed 3200!!!!! WOW! c r a z e e . . .

8. It is amazing how these turn into saucers. We had a cold spell with scattered frost. Eight inches of rain followed by humid tropical weather. The mushrooms love it. Walking down my usual path I have to have knee high boots to get through and there were countless frogd swimming in my wake. :smile:

9. Beautiful images... so vibrant.

10. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

I love these, beautiful shots.

11. Excellent set of images, great work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.