1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Music for slideshow - suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BostonRott, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I'm looking for ideas and suggestions regarding music for slideshows. I have Proshow Gold (which I haven't had time to work with yet), and would like to put together DVD's for grandparents of our travels, and "a year in the life..." family stuff. :smile:

I'd prefer music without words, just light upbeat stuff. Where do you get yours? I don't mind buying CD's or paying for downloads...........but I'm not that into music, and walking into a local CD store and trying to browse has not been a successful venture. :redface:

Artists, websites for DL'ing......whatever you care to suggest, I'm open! :smile:

2. You might try browsing the excellent catalog of Windham Hill recordings. Lots of good instrumental music with a good vibe. A compilation album like, "The First Ten Years" or "Thirty Years of Windham Hill" should give a good overview.

3. Thank you Ben! :smile:

4. You Want To Make A Memory by Bon Jovi is one of my favorite slideshow video songs.

5. I second the Windham Hill samplers. Nice background music for slideshows. I've also used some music from Spyro Gyra.

6. Thank you Mitch and Anthony! :smile:

7. You could also try some classical scores, those usually go over well and are very easy to find. It is nice to use music that people can recognise, it makes them feel more comfortable while veiwing the pics, just set the volume low so that they can just hear it, you don't want it to over power the pics.

8. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Photodex (the maker of Proshow) also has themed packages of images and music. The music is royalty free. www.photodex.com

9. Interesting that you should post this question Gretchen. I just got Proshow Gold a couple of weeks ago myself and wondered the same thing about what type of subtle music I could use. I will also check out the Windham Hill samplers.

10. Thanks all, you've provided some awesome suggestions, I greatly appreciate it!! :) 

11. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    i would think some classicle or some ice easy jazz would prove usefull. i have always been a fan of dave brubeck and take five but that can take over your show not always add to it. but check out a borders or a barnes and nobles nad just go listen to some tracks off some cds, once you cna find some songs that you like you should be able to get mor songs like those for your show.

12. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    No mention of Itunes. The newest version has a sidebar called Genius.
    When you find a song you like it will make suggestions for similiar music.
    Plus you can also listen to a portion of the song before purchasing.
    Maybe parts of some soundtrack music? I really like parts of "Legends of the Fall," especially the one titled "The Ludlows." James Horner is a master.
    Whenever I hear a song I like in a movie I look it up right away.
    Just a thought or two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.