1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Musical season has started

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry S., Jul 6, 2008.

1. Some of you know that I have a regular assignment each year, doing all kinds of shots for an open air musical stage. This year they will give "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" - a family musical so to say.

All shot with D3

I start off with a snap shot of "The Boss" (85/1.4)

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    85mm    f/3.2    1/640s    ISO 1600

The leading female role getting acquainted with the stage decoration (28/1.4)

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    28mm    f/7.1    1/1000s    ISO 200

Both leading actors having a good time (85/1.4)

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    85mm    f/11.0    1/500s    ISO 800

Joseph in his dreamcoat (or should I say "Dervish" :smile:) , there was a bit of PS involved ... - that's one of the promotion photos (28/1.4)

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    28mm    f/4.5    1/2000s    ISO 800

Family photo - trimmed for a slightly older look. This or the original will be blown up to about 4X2m and will be integrated in the stage decoration (85/1.4)

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    85mm    f/5.6    1/400s    ISO 400

More to come as soon as the rehearsals with full stage light have started (in about one week). Now that I have a D3 there are no more excuses - any bad pics will be credited to me instead of the equipment.

Cheers

2. Harry
    you know how much i love theater... and shooting it
    STELLAR work... of course

the "family photo" just excellent

3. Well done you. Love the last one.

Bob F.

4. Wonderful!! I especially like the promotion and family photo. I look forward to more as the season progresses.

5. Thanks Greg, Bob and Crystall!

Here is another snap shot, showing the choreographer working hard :biggrin:

But it seems impossible to have even a short nap without someone watching.
    AFS 28-70/2.8, ISO 1600

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    28mm    f/8.0    1/100s    ISO 1600

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.