must be Kingfisher week

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Trish5, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    I went to Viera WL the other evening. I love the evenings there. I saw this little bird that was not familiar to me fly by and land on a nearby palm. The light was on him so i got 6 shots. I posted one and harry gave me the ID. I didn't realize how difficult they were to capture! As I was shooting I was wishing I had harry's 500...but this shot, that I didn't look at yesterday is the best of the 6. Shot with 70-200 w/ TC 1.7
    [​IMG]

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice capture, Trish. They are definitely a hard one to catch and tend to stay pretty far away from people most of the time.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ooooo!! Good one Trish. Hard to get that close. :wink:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Trish

Thats a beautiful image. Love the composituon, the bird in his surroundings and the light is teriffc.

Thanks for sharing this.

5. Yup, that's our little Viera guy! Cool shot, Trish!! I agree with you about being at Viera in the late afternoon/evening. It's magical!!

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Trish :

Nice capture ! I tried and tried to get KF shots on foliage in WI but only managed a few decent ones. Most of the time, they really prefer to roost on the wires.

John P.

7. Great capture I was after thsi same guy all week when I was down there

8. Well done Trish. This is a fine looking bird.

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks everyone. Hope you can all get the chance to shoot AND catch him soon! A few more weeks with my grandson and daughter her, then I SHOULD be free again to get back to some real shooting!

10. Nice capture Trish, I like it!!! tough bird to get up close and personal based on the pics I seen, great job.........

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I wanna move to Viera !!! :redface:

Good one Trish, got one on Harry too no that's extra points !!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: