Must be mouse season

Theresa got this one thru the moon roof of the vehicle as I tried to back up to it, on New Years Eve. I blew by too fast to stop in time. Needless to say, he was gone before I could stop. Lol...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This Blue Heron was stalking in a grassy area in the middle of the parking lot - just as they do in the water. It was really odd to see. He was 25 feet away (max) as we watched him. I figured he was after a snake..???... After about 20 minutes we gave up and began to drive away. When we circled back around to the exit (opposite side of the grassy area) he had his catch. Typical luck for me. Leave & the action happens. Lol... All of these were shot from the car window.

Stalking...

Got it!

Still got it - Shot across Theresa, out the passenger side window (from the drivers seat)

Out'a here!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Wow! Two great predators with prey! Theresa did a great job shooting from the car! And you did too!

Wow! Two great predators with prey! Theresa did a great job shooting from the car! And you did too!
Thanks Karen. She's been spank'n me with her IQ, as of late. Lol!!!!

You sure caught the action, well done.
Thanks Louie. The "action" part was incredibly brief.

I have only seen GBH eat fish. Nice ones.
I'm with ya Allan, although I have seen them with snakes - never rodents.

Fun photos! I wonder if they enjoy trackballs as much as mice.
Lol Mike! :)
As long as they get the contents, I bet they do.

Wow, these are pretty darned good for shooting from the car under such circumstances! Very cool!
Thanks Connie. Honestly, we both just enjoyed getting outside for a bit. We've been doing our best to avoid people for the last 9 month. :-/

Those herons will eat anything they can catch. I realize everything is bigger in Texas but I think the rest of us call that a rat, not a mouse.
Evidently that do. Well... Somehow, I just felt better calling them mice than Rats. The Kestrel shot was taken in Tulsa, OK just a couple days before the GBH images (in north TX.). It seemed ironic to get multiple rat encounters that close together (time-wise), in such different areas.

Real Name
Carl
Great series! I really liked the one somewhere hat showed a GBH catching a fair sized baby alligator! Glad I'm not Lilliputian size!
Those Kestrels are tiny, but they are FIERCE! :)

Wow really nice catch PhilM_TX.
Perhaps changing your diet is good for your health.:ROFLMAO:
Lol! You may be onto something Boblou. :)

Nicely done Phil. Great opportunity and perseverance on everyone's part
Thanks Bob. I think the real take away is "it takes a bit of luck too". ;-)

Great series! I really liked the one somewhere hat showed a GBH catching a fair sized baby alligator! Glad I'm not Lilliputian size!
Those Kestrels are tiny, but they are FIERCE! :)
Thank you Carl. I must have missed the gator image, but I should not be surprised. The Kestrels are definitely mighty little creatures, not to mention really pretty and fun to photograph.

Great series, Phil!
Thank you Lance. Nice to see you "over here". :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom