MUST SEE video! (Winogrand at work).

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, Apr 18, 2007.

1. This is a must see for any Street shooter. It's Winogrand at work. I found it amusing and nothing more, at first. But as time passed on I realized how this guy is a powerful photographer. Just look at how he fakes at not taking pictures. Incredible... Just incredible.

Take a look here and I hope yuo enjoy!

If you can't open the video from the link, here are alternative formats for the Video.

2. I enjoyed that immensely.

3. Thanks Ned! Problem here is that I wanted to see the whole Bill Moyers episode after watching this snippet!

4. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks for the link. It's always interesting to see how a dedicated and talented photographer works. I didn't see him carrying around any model releases, though. I wonder how many people unknowingly found themselves in one of his prints or books.

DAB

5. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Thanks Ned, I also found that very interesting.

Chris

6. Quite honestly I don't care. As long as those people aren't abused of, I don't think a model release is needed.
    A guy takes a pic of me walking on the street and prints my pic? I wouldn't care.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I loved the scene of him dumping the bag of film out on his desk - it looked like cocaine or something, the way he had it packaged and was fondling it! He left so much undeveloped film that new stuff comes out all the time still. A lot of folks don't realize that he's been dead for 23 years!

I think he would have loved digital photography. Probably have thousands of DVDs in a box that he hadn't gone through yet.

8. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You don't need a model release unless the image will be used for commercial purposes. Fine art prints and books are not commercial use.