Mustang Fighter In Australia

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Open Shutter, Oct 21, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

Hello , I took this recently at Point Cook RAAF Base just outside Melbourne Australia where i live, there had just been a shower of rain and the sun came out, I couldn't believe my luck, very little pp ing except for a little sharpening

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi norm-

the colors are wonderfully saturated in your photo, nice capture. did you try shooting different angles?

ricky

3. No i couldn't move much as there was a fence directly in front of me and quite a crowd of people !

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great image.. Taken at the right time with the reflection.

5. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Beautiful captaure, love P-51 Mustangs. By the way, is that the lighthouse by Byron Bay in your avatar?

6. Scott, no it is Point Lonsdale Victoria, at the Heads to Port Phillip Bay, i will post some pics of it and others if you are interested,Cheers

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Norm,

I've been to Bryon Point as well as to several Lighthouses in Oregon and Washington State in the US. I have to say the Aussie Lighthouses have won me over.

Any pics you would like to post would appreciated and admired.

P.S. We have an airman in the neighboring town of Heber Utah who owns a beautiful P-51 and he flys it through Provo canyon into our valley on a regular basis. I love to hear those RR engines when he flys through the canyon.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2005
  8. Norm, I love the P-51 very much and you captured this one very well. Stunning color!

9. Sweet ride, all ready to go! :smile: :biggrin:

Great pic, with saturated colors and the reflection adds to the depth of the image.

10. Henk

Henk Guest

The P51 is probably the most awesome fighterplane ever! great capture, thanks for sharing

11. Look at that pretty bird.. That is one mean Beak on her...