MUTUAL macro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by FishSauce, Sep 22, 2005.

1. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mutal benefit of the relatioship between Bee and Flower. Hope you like it

Ben

MUTUAL
    [​IMG]

2. I like it, although it would benefit from a wee bit more DOF.

BTW - the bee is a hover fly :smile:

Cheers

3. I like it very much and nice dof, I see that you have pretty near all the micro lens available by Nikon. Which priority of use would you classify the different macro you have, the most use to the least use?

4. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Harry,
    Glad that you like it and You are right, it is the hoover fly :smile:
    The shallow DOF reveals the main focus point of this picture which is the acknowledment between the hoover fly ( bee :biggrin: ) and the flower's petal

Gilles,
    - Nikon AF Micro 105
    This lens is lite, can be handheld in bright daylight, the focal lenght gives me enough distance to choose angle on the subject since the tripot or monopod tend to limit this kind of activities. The shallow DOF and the bokeh are excellent.
    Grab this lens most of the time while on my way out without any specific objective, somewhat shoot and move on
    My most use lens

- Nikon AF Micro 200
    This lens is heavy, most of the time need a tripod in order to get good result. Give the longest working distance. Great for outdoor insects, flowers, etc ... The shallow DOF and the bokeh are excellent. This guy is Nikon's micro legend ( my opinion )
    Grab this lens when I have a specific objective, relax and slowly set up the tripot, flash. Slowly choose the angle and the setting, etc ...
    My second most use lens

- Nikon AF Micro 60
    Good for mostly static object. Has to get close to subject in order to have shallow DOF and good bokeh. This lens is best when the space is limited, use to shoot fish, insect in glass tank by puting the lens against the glass
    My least use lens

All three lens are sharp, I am very happy with it

By the way I have another macro lens Sigma 180mm f3.5 . It has about the same working distance as Nikon AF Micro 200mm. I got the Sigma first ( but wasn't satisfy ) and then the Nikon, it is part of my LLD :biggrin: .
    Learned a lesson: don't settle for less.

Ben

5. I think it is a great shot and don't mind the shallow DOF.