MX from the Loretta Lynn Qualifier

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by nipprdog, Apr 8, 2007.

1. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Our local track held a regional qualifier two weeks ago. I rented a D80 for that weekend. I took it to the Indy Supercross practice session on Saturday. then went to the local track on Sunday. used it with my 80-200 2.8.

I'll start with some 'starts' :wink:

DSC_0052Z2copy2w.

DSC_0186Z2copyw.

DSC_0009Z2copyw.

DSC_0210Z2copyw.

DSC_0145Z2copyw.

DSC_0240Z2copyw.

DSC_0148Z2copyw.

DSC_0243Z2copyw.

DSC_0287Z2ecopyw.

2. Nice shots Jim.

After seeing all of the MX pics on here. I'm looking forward to the Budds Creek Pro race in June. It will be my first MX race that I go to this year..

3. Great stuff there Jim. I really like the shots where they are up in the air. Very nice!

4. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Ed.

I'm looking forward to the Red Bud National this year. RC said that it would be one of the outdoor races he does this year. I might make a weekend of it, so I can shoot the saturday practice session. also, I'd like to get RC to autograph this pic from last year at Indy

DSC_2671vcw.

5. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Tyrone. here's one I forgot to put in my original post.

DSC_0083Z2copyw.

6. I'm liking all this MX photography! :smile:

7. very nice action series!

8. Great stuff that looks nuts woudl love to see a race soemday

9. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    my first real peek at L. Lynn's track :)

thanks!

10. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    thanks, Dave.

12. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Mike. hopefully, you'll get the chance to go to one, they are fun to watch.

13. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    actually.....
    it was held at our local track here in Indiana.

sorry about that. :biggrin:

14. I think the Budds Creek National is one of the races RC will do this year too. Do you know what other events he will be at this year? Hopefully the Steel City National because I might go to that one too.

Do you have any plans on trying to make the MX of Nations at Budds Creek? I will definitely be there. I had a hotel booked since late fall 2006. I think a lot of the area hotels are already booked for the event.

I usually only go to the Budds Creek race on Sunday but this year I think I'm going to go Saturday also. On Saturday they have the pits open and then practice is afterwards. On Sunday, practice is while the pits are open. So it kind of makes it hard to check out both.

I also have a pic I want RC to sign from the Orlando SX. I'm going to try and get Stewarts autograph too. Hopefully I can get all of that done in the pits Saturday...

15. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I really like # 4 , 6 and 8. Great job there :cool:

16. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    I haven't seen a list of races for RC. he told the crowd last year that Red Bud would be one of the races he planned on attending.

I'm not going to the MX of Nations. I'm sure it will quite an experience for you. I hope Speed Channel or someone else televises it. :biggrin:

17. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    thanks, Julien. #4 is probably my favorite from the day. wish I could contact rider #77. it would be a sale for sure. :wink: