MX lenses leaked / hint?

A

adrianaitken

Hmmm, all at f2.8 (bar 2, one at f2 !!!). Seems the guy doesn't realise that medium format doesn't do f2.8 for long lenses, let alone zooms. Seems to be a kid writing a wish list.
Rare, big, heavy, very expensive are words that spring to mind if they do exist !!

Hmmm, all at f2.8 (bar 2, one at f2 !!!). Seems the guy doesn't realise that medium format doesn't do f2.8 for long lenses, let alone zooms. Seems to be a kid writing a wish list.
Rare, big, heavy, very expensive are words that spring to mind if they do exist !!
Nikon made a 300/2 for the Mamiya 645 system, so a 135/2 should be easy.

But you're right. It is "rare, big, heavy, very expensive"!

Well,
don't forget what some of us were saying when someone spotted a 25,600 iso camera.. (! Remember the laughs?) I'm confident that Nikon will surprise us, this coming year is 50 y.o. from Nikon F and 60 from Nikon rangefinder, if I'm not wrong. However, too many similar leaks have been spotted around, and a public announcement (the one for WPPI) has already been done time ago: "BIG" was the keyword

If you guy's have any sense you would sell me your D3 quickly because now I will still give you a few bucks for it.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Plenty of pixels

My D700/D300 combo gives me all the pixels I need, probably more. The D2Hs was really all I needed 90 percent of the time.

The MX is probably a very certain thing and a great move for Nikon to stay in the pro business. But I don't see a very large market for it.

Pro still photography is a very narrow market. Print is dying all over the place, being replaced by Internet and video. I want my next DSLR to be a HD camcorder, as well; like the D90, but more audio inputs, better handling. I'm sure that's a market Nikon is just beginning to scratch.

MX

If they are going for a medium format like Haselblad/Bronica/Mamiya then that is really something new for Nikon. Possibly they feel they have the digital expertise to "whomp" the competitors. But alas, just speculation!

and now for something completely different:

I think "MX" is the designation for a generation of Minuteman ICBM's which are land portable....oh wait wrong MX. Ok, Martian Xenophobe for those who are afraid our rovers will uncover "Marvin" and there won't be a camera ready to photograph him.

I have to say I'm skeptical of Nikon releasing a completely new format. It would certainly shake things up in the MF world though; right now those guys get away with charging very high prices for camera systems that are actually quite primitive in most ways. Pros who need the image quality offered by the larger sensors didn't have much choice though. I would hope if Nikon gets into this arena they do so with a completely new camera body that changes the game, rather than partnering up with some MF maker to use an existing camera body. It would also be neat if they could release an adapter to allow these new lenses to be used on FX/DX cameras (and really neat if said adapter could tilt and shift).

Whether they do this MX or not, they still need a higher resolution FX camera. That's especially clear with the announcement of the Canon 5DMk2 IMHO. I don't really have much desire for a new format with a square sensor and a limited selection of lenses. I want a high-res body that I can use with my existing system.

Me either!! I just *love* my D3 and don't see anything else that I could need for a few generations to come.

I had to chuckle at this one!

Just wait until Emilie is out there playing soccer and you don't have enough reach with your lenses. You go home and try to get some tight crops only to find that you just don't have enough pixel density in your D3.

You are going to lust after the D3X at that point or perhaps want to pick up a gently used D300. This is just what I'm wrestling with now.

12mp is plenty for most occasions and uses but I'm sure there would be a large segment of photographers interested in more mp. Birders for example - a 24mp FX camera would give them the pixel density the need, unlike the D3 which does not. I think Nikon would virtually eliminate the need for a high end (pro & semi-pro) with a 20+mp FX camera.

if we're basing a discussion on Italian information, just note that when Arnold Schwarenzegger ran for gov of California, the Italian press spent more than 3 months talking about how he was doing this in a strategy to be President of the U.S.... You'd think that an editor somewhere in the country would have FACT CHECKED before going to press with that...but they don't seem to let facts get in the way of their reporting so... I'll just stick to my believe it when I see it philosophy... Could be right, could be wrong.

curiosity killed the cat...

...but satisfaction brought him back...

just have to wait and see!

in the mean time, Photokina starts next week! right?

if we're basing a discussion on Italian information...
[CUT]

Could you please argument more about this concept? I do not clearly see what you want to point out and, moreover, as "italian", I'm curious to understand the significance behind statements made in that manner.

Thanks in advance and excuse my really really bad english.

Emanuele

P.S. My excuses to all the members/mods here for this OT.

I think she makes a fair point about the Italian press if, in fact, they speculated that Arnold was running for governor to someday be the US President.

Even a tiny bit of research would have revealed one of the requirements to be US president is being born in the US. :biggrin:

That level of journalistic fact checking doesn't make for the most reliable news.

Oh, and I'm Italian too but not offended if it's true since we should all be open to fair criticism about the press in our country/heritage.

[CUT]

Could you please argument more about this concept? I do not clearly see what you want to point out and, moreover, as "italian", I'm curious to understand the significance behind statements made in that manner.

Thanks in advance and excuse my really really bad english.

Emanuele

P.S. My excuses to all the members/mods here for this OT.

Real Name
William Beem
I had to chuckle at this one!

Just wait until Emilie is out there playing soccer and you don't have enough reach with your lenses. You go home and try to get some tight crops only to find that you just don't have enough pixel density in your D3.

You are going to lust after the D3X at that point or perhaps want to pick up a gently used D300. This is just what I'm wrestling with now.
No, you just buy a longer lens if you can't get closer to your subject. It's not complicated; just expensive.

I think she makes a fair point about the Italian press if, in fact, they speculated that Arnold was running for governor to someday be the US President.

Even a tiny bit of research would have revealed one of the requirements to be US president is being born in the US. :biggrin:

That level of journalistic fact checking doesn't make for the most reliable news.
Joe, you do know that the US Constitution can be amended... or just ignored, right? :eek::wink: There are plenty of examples of both.

I heard it might be a high resolution Nikon digital rangefinder with medium format size sensor. It might be able to use existing F mount lenses cropped, much like DX mode on FX cameras. New medium format lenses made by Nikon aren't far fetched. The designs have been around for decades and Nikon has made them before.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom