1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My #1 favorite shooting subjects are...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jonathan F/2, May 5, 2005.

1. ...not hot girls with big cleavage, but actually my little niece and nephews! I'm their weird Uncle who lives in a magical place called California, they don't know much about it other than that Disneyland is there. They're all excited to see me when I come and visit every couple odd months. For some reason they know their Uncle has a job which requires a camera, but to them I seem to live some sort of interesting nomadic life, that fills their imagination. Fortunately, since they see me on a limited basis, they pose up nicely for me whenever I want to take their pictures. :)  Anyways, here's a shot that I took, given the b&w treatment. Any compliments would be appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    The image isn't showing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are cuties.

So great to have a Great and favorite Uncle. I had one and what a wonderful thing for a kid.

Jam,
    hit the refresh button a few times. It will come on.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh man, are they sweet or what Jonathan!

I'm having a hard time imagining you as such a thug now... :\ Of course the gross avatar helps. ;) 

Nice black and whiting by the way.

5. Awe!! Perfect little subjects!!! :D  :D  :D 

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice job. Before I had kids, I was always doting on my nieces and nephews. Then I had kids. Now I dote on my kids AND my nieces and nephews!

7. Wossname

Wossname Guest

Greetings

I've been enjoying your shots for a while now, especially from 'the other place', and one thing I notice is that you seem to nail the flash exposure perfectly. Skin tones, shadows (especially this ace B&W example) all seem spot on to me.

If you have a moment, I'd be really grateful for an insight into your default settings.

Cheers mate

Neil
    Tokyo

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Nice family Jonathan. You really have a way of capturing the best of both worlds. I now see another side to one of my favorite photogs.

Great Job.

9. A very precious family shot that will be a favorite for years to come. Good job Jonathan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.