1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My 1st bird post on the cafe

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Mar 7, 2005.

1. I managed to get out this weekend and shoot. All were taken with the D2H + 500/4 + 1.4x.

Your basic House Sparrow:
    40520372.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An American Coot:
    View attachment 5929

A Snow Goose (1 of 7,000):
    View attachment 5930

A female Red-winged Blackbird:
    View attachment 5931

and finally, the male Red-winged Blackbird:
    View attachment 5932

Hope you enjoy these shots.

Regards

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Absolutely excellent Rory!! You've done the Café proud.... :wink:

Frank

3. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Wow Rory, magnificient.

If I was going to be super-critical, and only because the other images are so outstanding, the male blackbird's head looks a little oof - due to him moving while singing I guess. But, really that's searching to find something wrong and I shouldn't be because the standard of these images is just so good.

Thanks for showing us them.

Neil

4. Good call Neil. I almost did not post that one, and finally decided to include it to match the female.

5. Nice ones Rory!

Thinking about being up there next weekend are you interested? BTW my Visa came today, so now I can start planning the move to Duncan.

6. That's just not fair!! :lol: How can we surpass this now, huh? These are seriously good, Rory!

7. WOW :shock: ROry, you should get out more often!!! :lol:

Great shots! I like your "Your basic House Sparrow" most :!: just because it is no longer a basic Sparrow they way you shot it!

Excellent :!: :!:

8. Awesome

Rory
    I am always amazed at your images the feather detail in these shots is incredible, each one is fantastic, I do agree with Neil on the Male Red wing, but would have posted it along with the female, I did the same with my Bluebird shot I was just so happy to get one I figured what the heck. Please keep posting I always look forward to your shots.

9. Good detail on the second pic Hill. Good going!! :D 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.