My 1st bird post on the cafe

I managed to get out this weekend and shoot. All were taken with the D2H + 500/4 + 1.4x.

Your basic House Sparrow:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An American Coot:
View attachment 5929

A Snow Goose (1 of 7,000):
View attachment 5930

A female Red-winged Blackbird:
View attachment 5931

and finally, the male Red-winged Blackbird:
View attachment 5932

Hope you enjoy these shots.

Regards

Wow Rory, magnificient.

If I was going to be super-critical, and only because the other images are so outstanding, the male blackbird's head looks a little oof - due to him moving while singing I guess. But, really that's searching to find something wrong and I shouldn't be because the standard of these images is just so good.

Thanks for showing us them.

Neil

NeilCam said:
If I was going to be super-critical, and only because the other images are so outstanding, the male blackbird's head looks a little oof - due to him moving while singing I guess.
Good call Neil. I almost did not post that one, and finally decided to include it to match the female.

hillrg said:
I managed to get out this weekend and shoot...
WOW :shock: ROry, you should get out more often!!! :lol:

Great shots! I like your "Your basic House Sparrow" most :!: just because it is no longer a basic Sparrow they way you shot it!

Excellent :!: :!:

Awesome

Rory
I am always amazed at your images the feather detail in these shots is incredible, each one is fantastic, I do agree with Neil on the Male Red wing, but would have posted it along with the female, I did the same with my Bluebird shot I was just so happy to get one I figured what the heck. Please keep posting I always look forward to your shots.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom