my 1st portrait post...Please be honest

having not very much luck with people picture coming out good.. i mounted my sigma 105 macro and went to a family birthday party..played with camera setting till i got the skin tones right and then shot away.. many and i say many came out this good.. shot Jpeg only because of the amount of pictures i was taking... only pp was a crop and resize

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tim
D70
Kit lens
Sigma 70-200
Sigma 105 macro/portrait lens

Thanks would have loved f4 or better but even with flash the best i could get was f2.8 think its time for a sb 600 or 800 just another thing to talk the wife into... :lol:

Tim

I like the close crop on the image. Her hair and skin tones are good but focus falls off a little for her left eye. The expression on this cute little girl is not particularly flattering, primarily because she appears to be grimacing rather than smiling. It's not a bad picture but could be so much better with a different expression. It is definitely a keeper and one that she will look back on and laugh.

Thanks Gordon... wish i could have got a little more DOF. but thats all the light and my on camera flash would give me.. just happy to have gotten skin tones looking right.. been a long battle with that....next is the sb 600 or 800 so i can have more dof....

Tim

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom