my 1st portrait post...Please be honest

Discussion in 'People' started by mrtac2man, Aug 14, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    having not very much luck with people picture coming out good.. i mounted my sigma 105 macro and went to a family birthday party..played with camera setting till i got the skin tones right and then shot away.. many and i say many came out this good.. shot Jpeg only because of the amount of pictures i was taking... only pp was a crop and resize

[​IMG]

Tim
    D70
    Kit lens
    Sigma 70-200
    Sigma 105 macro/portrait lens

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Thanks would have loved f4 or better but even with flash the best i could get was f2.8 think its time for a sb 600 or 800 just another thing to talk the wife into... :lol:

Tim

4. I like the close crop on the image. Her hair and skin tones are good but focus falls off a little for her left eye. The expression on this cute little girl is not particularly flattering, primarily because she appears to be grimacing rather than smiling. It's not a bad picture but could be so much better with a different expression. It is definitely a keeper and one that she will look back on and laugh.

5. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Thanks Gordon... wish i could have got a little more DOF. but thats all the light and my on camera flash would give me.. just happy to have gotten skin tones looking right.. been a long battle with that....next is the sb 600 or 800 so i can have more dof....

Tim

6. I would have liked to have seen her from the other side, since that was painted.