1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My 200-400 VR is at Nikon Repair!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jonathan F/2, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I'm actually really excited to see what they do to my lens. I brought it in for a much needed checkup. It was not producing sharp shots at 400 wide open and at 400 I've been having to stop down to get it to sharpen up. I checked the status of my repair and they rated it a B2 repair job which is categorized as receiving major parts replacement! So I'm hoping my 200-400 VR will get a much need overhaul!

Strangely, I've been using my Sigma 500 HSM as my baseline lens for telephoto sharpness. at 500 wide open, it put my 200-400 VR to shame, even when the 200-400 VR was stopped down. And the Sigma is supposed to be weak wide open. For shame Nikon!

I also am having my 200 f/2 VR checked up and my D3 is getting a general check and clean!

2. Brodman

Brodman

Aug 26, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Hope everything goes great for the equipment check-up.

Also hope that you paid extra for the shipping insurance.:biggrin:

3. Heck no, I just drive to Nikon and pick it up! One of the perks of living by 1 of 2 of the Nikon repair facilities!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.