My 35 f2 arrived, photographing "TROUBLE"

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Terri French, Aug 11, 2008.

1. I just bought something from the "For Sale" forum for the first time. I don't know if it is a good thing to have discovered such a great resource.....

My new 35 f2 arrived today. It is in fantastic condition.

I had to try it out. I'm sure my title is misleading. The lens is perfect. My 8 month old puppy, Zoey, is pure "TROUBLE" with a capital T. Good thing she is so cute.....

I'm sure the lens will be a keeper:biggrin:......unless I opt to sell it and get the Sigma 1.4.:eek: :biggrin:

Shot at f2.5. Thanks again hayes077 for a great transaction.

BTW, black dogs are so hard to photograph.

original.

2. great shot
    you'll love this lens, terri....
    it's a wonderful and small piece of quality glass

3. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Terri, That is a great shot. I love how you framed your very cut dog on the diagonal with your Nikkor 35 F2. Very intense expression great depth of feild and perfect exposure. As as your dog being very bad. Maby you both need some dog whisphering:tongue:. Congratulations on the new lens.

Gregory

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  4. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    awesome pic, the expression and framing is spot on!

but from what I have seen so are most of your photos :) 

5. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice shot and excellent exposure, Terri!

The tilt works nicely with this image.

6. Glad you think I will enjoy the lens. Thanks.

Gregory,
    I'm sure a little dog whispering wouldn't hurt. Besides being naughty she is also very sweet and loving. It's a good thing. Most of the time we really adore her. When she gets into my shoes or the toilet paper, it's another story. Glad you like the photo

Thanks so much. You are very kind.

I liked the tilt. My husband came in to look at it and tilted his head. I don't think he liked it.

7. Beautiful shot of a cute pup. Enjoy the trouble, she'll outgrow most of it soon enough. And you think that cute, little, black fur ball is tough to photograph now? Just wait til winter when you're trying to catch her popping through the snow!

Yup. The 35 f/2 is certainly one for the dogs:

492061440_c92e22da35.

8. acolo63

acolo63

Aug 11, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Great capture...looks like a good buy.

9. Rich,
    That is an adorable shot of your dog!! At least my puppy is a little package of trouble. Now yours.........

10. I think it will give me a lot of bang for the buck!! Thanks.

11. Great shot, completely captures Schnauzerness, especially blacks. I really miss my pups. Nothing like seeing the spark in their eyes.

12. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey
    Also a great lens to shoot bulls with..I borrowed this lens from a buddy of mine and I was pretty impressed with the IQ of this lens and the price...:smile::smile::biggrin:

bull. :smile::smile:

13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Great shot, Terri! Congrats on a lovely purchase :smile:

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

great shot, Terri....i love buying used stuff. now wear it out ...lol

;-)))

15. Artorius

Artorius

May 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    Good buy

With this lens, you don't even need to think about the Sigma.
    Great shot BTW.

16. avyoung

avyoung

Dec 17, 2007
    Canada
    Terry, great shot.
    You may not take it off the camera! I loved mine so much it stayed on pretty much all the time.

17. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca

BE&BT+FP&V! Terri

Bright eyed & bushy tailed & full p!$$ and vinegar... hard to photograph to boot! Ahhh, just as she should be... I think I can make out a twinkle in her eye too... great shot and congratulation on your new lens!

18. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    What a load of Bull? HAHAHA

19. kgill

kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Europe
    lovely pup. lovely intense stare.
    i will be getting my nikon 35mm f/1.4 next week and my sigma 30mm f/1.4 end of september... we'll see if i can take an equally nice pic of my love crash!

20. babaman001

babaman001

Jul 26, 2008
    NZ
    That's awesome capture, cute dog too - Maybe I should get a 35mm f2 myself too... hmm :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.