My 3yo grandson enjoys the local park

Discussion in 'People' started by Clivegriff, Oct 21, 2005.

1. I met the little feller out of school and we took a leisurely diversion on our way home...

original.

View attachment 17146

View attachment 17147

View attachment 17148

All pictures taken without flash with a D70 + 80-200 2.8 AFS IF ED and post-processed in PSCS2.

I'm not too happy with the sharpness of number 4 - but his mother loves the pic anyway!

All comments and critiques are welcome.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good looking young man.

Nice shots of him...Years of great memories for sure.

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Very nice images of a sweet kid. I really like the third one. Did he get that charming look from his grandad?

4. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Clive,

The colorful backgrounds are great - nice and clean. Great pics.

Tom

5. Thanks, Gale.

I tell everyone that he gets his good looks from me but as his mother is the beautiful Elizabeth nobody believes me!

6. Thanks, Torben.

Somewhere deep in a battered suitcase, in auntie's attic there are some old, black and white shots of me showing a remarkable similarity.

I must warn his parents so that they can take precautions!

7. Thanks, Tom.

The backgrounds are a combination of: care when shooting, a good quality lens used wide open (f/2.8) and some judicous cropping and straightening in post-processing.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awwww I remember commenting on Elizabeth's image. Yes she is beautiful.

9. Nice lighting on these images Clive. You have a good looking grandson and have photographed him well.

10. Thanks, Gordon.

I was lucky with the light. It was late(ish) in a glorious, sunny, Autumn afternoon. I just let Joseph run around wherever he wanted and kept my eye on him via the viewfinder.

11. Hi Clive,

Wonderfull shots. Great boy to start with. What a fun he had. What wonderfull backgrounds the yellow and green are very nice. The D70 is not really build for the very sharp and great colour giving AF-S 80-200mm F/2.8 don't you think. I allways am afraid that it will break the mount out of my D70. I put sometimes the 80-200mm F/2.8 on my D2X so i am used to take the d2x at the grip. So sometimes when i put the 80-200 on my d70 i wanna do the same and then quickly grab hold of the lens and not the body. It is real difference.

It is really one of my best lenses. I sometimes doubt between the 70-200mm and 80-200mm. Because i find that the 80-200mm gives a little bit more colour punch (or a little bit more pop to the photo's) then the 70-200mm. But with the 70-200mm you can achieve sometimes impossible slow shutterspeeds and stil have sharp image.

I really like both camera's alot D70 gives great images to work with and are very fast to process. D2X gives alot of extra's and some i don't even found out yet. D2X is really a wonderfull camera. But i am still amazed about the D70 it is now about 18 months old maybe even older and it haves more then 35.000 shots taken with it. It is gone to service one time only for firmware fault that i had. It had stopped focussing when i used reach more then 100mm. The got it in repair few days later it was fixed. And still it works like a real good horse. They say D1x is a workhorse. I ask myself are not all Nikon DSLR camera's workhorses.

So thanks for sharing your great photo's of the D70 + 80-200mm AF-S, because it made me wanna go out and shoot with that combo again.

Greetings,
    Vince

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Clive...the four images are very nice, with my favorites being the last two that show his wonderful facial expressions. The composition of each image is done well each showing some action that creates a story. He is a very handsome young lad.

13. Hi, Vincebeus

It's a combo that I enjoy using and is capable of producing excellent quality photographs. I worry sometimes that I over-use it especially at the times when I really should be using a wider angle.

I doubt I'll ever have a D2X in my hands but the rumoured D200 is a distinct possibility. In the meantime, the D70 is an excellent camera (although I know what you mean about the 80-200 being very heavy on the lens mount).

14. Thanks, Frank.

I, too, prefer the ones where you can see his facial expressions.

There were some that I didn't post either here or on pbase where he is looking distinctly wary about some of the more robust activities that his peers were involved in and they were interesting, too - but perhaps only to family members who can "read" him so well.

15. Hi Clive. Got to be number 2 for me. Fantastic photograph! I have many of my own two little boys, Ben 8yrs and Jake 6yrs, in playparks like this. They just can't get enough! (All on slides with my FM2)

I hope you are well and enjoying the great sunshine we are having at this time......not!!!!!!

Take care my friend

Graeme :smile:

16. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Clive,

I love them all. I bet he is a lot of fun.

Thank you for sharing them with us.

17. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Clive, that's a handsome boy for sure! Looks like he could one day be a rugby player!

18. These are very nice you should be tickled pink for sure

19. Nice series of shots Clive. Hard to go wrong with such a handsome model.

20. Thanks, Graeme.

My CEO, his grandma, agrees with you.

And I always find that agreement with her is the safest place to be! :biggrin: