My 400mm is here! yahoo!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Keith, Apr 28, 2005.

1. I can honestly say I think I have never seen one except pics, but this 400mm af-s f2.8 is a mamoth of a lens :shock: . The size of the element compared to my ol 300mm f4 af-s is about 3 x larger. My first challenge was trying to figure out how the heck I get that on the d2h as my wimberly stuff hasnt shown up yet. 11Ibs in one hand, d2h in the other and try to get it on :? ........... OH, this is going to be fun. LOL!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry had to share in my excitement............now if it would just fricken warm up....Going on a road trip in a month to shoot wildlife for a week, so should be a whoot. No florida but BC will have to do!

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Congrats Keith. Now you can probably shoot AZ storms from Alberta! ;)

The glass sounds like a fine piece. Let's see some pics!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....I'm sooooooooo jealous. :lol:

Can't wait to see some shots of Pluto. :roll:

You lucky dog. :wink:

Did you get the big Wimberley? I'm definitely enjoying mine.

Frank

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    A new toy like that will cause everyone here to drool with envy. :wink:
    Can't wait to see the pictures you get with it.

5. Keith,
    That had to hurt the pockey book, but guaranteed to be a great tool.
    dont be in a rush on those pictures as I CAN NOT afford to even think about that one.
    just kidding would love to see your BC trip photos

6. Dave I hear you............none of my other equipment compliment it so pocket book dwindles again. Havent had time to play yet, but looking forward to the weekend. If was only VR, then again probably still couldnt hand hold that sucker. LOL

7. Thanks Chris a Todd. Looking forward to playing ;-)

8. Hi Frank.......

Frank, ordered my sidekick, two plates and a partridge in a pair tree. Then ordered my arca swiss b-1. A new tripod will have to wait till I recoup :cry: . Ordered it one day and got it in 1 day and a half at my doors, considering Im from Canada, that is lightening fast. Incredible service. The full head without a doubt would have been a better choice, but I wanted something to compliment my bag not just one lens. Ball head I can use irregardless of what I shoot. Now I just need my ball head to show up! No way I will be handholding this sucker. LOL Plus now I can use tripod/monopod.............see how it works out, have 60 days to change my mind and go to full head.......not cheap stuff but great quality!

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

I can't wait to see some shots from that bazooka. 8)

Frank

10. can you see me now?

11. ROFLMAO!!!!

12. keith,
    with your sense of humor and mine, I think I ought to join you in BC for your shoot, and share a few laughs and lots of shutter activations. what say you?

13. Dave.........

Anytime.......LOL.....

damn near fell over when I read your reply. I appreciate the whit! Thanks I needed that after a long day!

Keith

14. Hey Frank..........

Im staring at your logo and it sez "senior member", thinking he aint that old, but then again, his website he can call himself anything he likes :lol:
    Then looked down at my name, damn same thing, I take offence to that :!: , senior, what the hell does that mean?? :wink: LMAO!!! I feel special now and old :? LMAO!

15. interesting, i just saw that as well and thought i did not look that bad........... oh well

16. Dave.......

atleast you have hair. LOL..........and I am in my late 30's, whats up with that!

Seriously Dave, or any other NC member, if you ever have the desire to come Alberta way, open offer.............Banff and Jasper is incredible for shooting. Just dont have all those nice birdies that most of you have down Florida way :cry: :cry: But have most else and the landscapes with the mountains is incredible!!! I envy when you hear allot of FM'ers getting together and do road trips, that would be a hoot. I think I have ever found was 1 member from dpreview in the same province.........feel alone. LOL

My trip to BC is predominately to shoot hummingbirds, and wildlife in general, and what ever else I can shoot!!!! Very much looking forward to it!