My 5 top images for discussion (Gordon Eyre)

I had a very hard time picking out my top 5 images since many of my best were taken during the slide era and I have never converted them to digital.

#1: This was a paid gig of a mother and her three children. This image is one of only two taken of the mother:

#1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2: This image of my grandson was taken at Ft. Bragg where my son was undergoing airborne training.

#2.jpg

#3: This is an image of a Highschool girl that lives in my neighborhood. Lighting is sunlight and a gold reflector.

#3.jpg

#4: This image of my granddaughter was taken in a darkened room with an incandescent light overhead and flash as fill.

#4.jpg

#5: This image of my granddaughter was taken in my house with a large window for light and a boom with flash as a hair light and a softbox flash for fill.

#5.jpg

Last edited:
A fabulous portrait gallery! I remember when you first posted the shot of your grandson—loved it then, love it now! You are the master of light!

A fabulous portrait gallery! I remember when you first posted the shot of your grandson—loved it then, love it now! You are the master of light!
Thank you Nick, the image of my grandson was taken 14 years ago. His father (my son) has progressed from a buck private to a Major and my grandson is very close to kicking cancer in the butt after fighting it for the last year. Life goes on!!!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I too love all your shots, and they bring back memories, you may recall, we had a discussion in 2005 right after we started the cafe about portrait posing that helped me out a lot.

You catch something special in each person.
Thank you for your kind comment.
Great series. #5 has always been one of my top portraits. I've tried to emulate that pose with my daughters a few times.
Thanks Mitch, you have a lovely family and have taken many great pictures of them.
Great work Gordon.
Hey Mike, appreciate your comment.
Great set Gordon. #3 is my fav with lovely naturel light , DOF and pose.
That was one of my more difficult images since the area was rugged with steep trails and deep canyons. I had an assistant to handle the gold reflector.
Wonderful portraits - all creative.
I appreciate your comment as each of them required a different set of skills.
I too love all your shots, and they bring back memories, you may recall, we had a discussion in 2005 right after we started the cafe about portrait posing that helped me out a lot.
Wade, you have always been a good friend and valuable member of the Cafe' and I have learned from you as well. Thanks.
These are all wonderful portraits, Gordon! My favorite and the one I keep going back to look at again and again is that first one -- there is something so compelling about the woman's expression and her gaze directly into the camera.....
She is a lovely lady and the light in that old pioneer house was soft and provided the atmosphere for this image.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom