My 70-200 VR

When I ordered this lens, I thought I would be using it for sports, animals, and mostly outdoor shots. It has surprised me how much I am using it indoors. I didn't even think about how nice it would be for candid shots. This weekend my daughter was here with her baby. I was able to be across the room taking pictures without them really paying attention to me. I really love this lens for different reasons than I thought I would.

The baby was playing and must have had a bad thought. This expression just came on suddenly. He is so cute when he cries!!!

All these were taken with bounced SB800 flash.

46819756.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One minute later, this was the picture I took--my how moods change!!!

View attachment 13041

Another indoor shot with the lens

View attachment 13042

Anyway--another thank you to all of you here who encouraged me to make this purchase. Another daughter just got engaged over the weekend. Hopefully, after the wedding and Christmas, I can buy another pro lens, probably the "beast".

Terri, although I don't have the 70-200VR, I do find myself using the 80-200 AF-S for everything pretty much...

I do think the kit lens that came with my D70, the 18-70 as you have is a great lens, but my photographic skill and knowledge limit it's usage, as in I have no idea when I should use what lens...so the 'cool' one stays on!

H

Henk

WOW Terri, congrats on that goodlookin grandson and his mommy ;-)
Very nice to see you enjoy your 70-200, quality is stellar. Mine is on backorder so I'll have to wait a while...

Best regards

Henk

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Fabulous, just fabulous. Great use of a fine piece of glass. Your subject matter is priceless.

Isn't that an incredible lens Terri. I just used mine this morning on a model shoot and the extra working distance makes it so much easier to capture what you want without intimidating the subject. Nice images by the way.

Excellent memories you are gathering Terri,

It always seem to work better when you can just take your time and do candids . That works for me. NO pressure :>))

I did the same thing with the 80-400 today. I have really gotten some baddddddd stuff doing portrait stuff with that lens like that. lolol...

Great images.. The 70-200 VR is a great lens. I have not played with mine yet.

So I loaned it to Kevin for awhile :>)))

Edit:
PS::: LOLOL

I meant to also mention the wonderful job you did on the Tetons. Stunning images. All wall hangers for sure

Hi Terri,

Those are wonderful shots of your precious little grandson.

And your use of the 70-200 reminds me to pull it out and use it this week with my grandkids. I have three visiting here now and I"ll give that lens a workout.

That third picture is a gem! Good job with that lens and those pictures!

Best to you,
Gaye

helmet155 said:
Terri, although I don't have the 70-200VR, I do find myself using the 80-200 AF-S for everything pretty much...

I do think the kit lens that came with my D70, the 18-70 as you have is a great lens, but my photographic skill and knowledge limit it's usage, as in I have no idea when I should use what lens...so the 'cool' one stays on!

Good theory--when in doubt, use the "cool" lens. I'll have to remember that tip!! Thanks for your comments.

Wonderful images as always, Terri. The candid images of your grandson are so cute...even when he is briefly unhappy. :cry:

Henk said:
WOW Terri, congrats on that goodlookin grandson and his mommy ;-)
Very nice to see you enjoy your 70-200, quality is stellar. Mine is on backorder so I'll have to wait a while...

Best regards

Henk

Henk--the wait for your lens will be worth it. Thank you for your comments.

greyflash said:
Isn't that an incredible lens Terri. I just used mine this morning on a model shoot and the extra working distance makes it so much easier to capture what you want without intimidating the subject. Nice images by the way.

Hi Gordon. I agree about the working distance. As I am kind of shy, it is good for me as well, to be further from the subject.

Gale said:
Excellent memories you are gathering Terri,

It always seem to work better when you can just take your time and do candids . That works for me. NO pressure :>))

I did the same thing with the 80-400 today. I have really gotten some baddddddd stuff doing portrait stuff with that lens like that. lolol...

Great images.. The 70-200 VR is a great lens. I have not played with mine yet.

So I loaned it to Kevin for awhile :>)))

Edit:
PS::: LOLOL

I meant to also mention the wonderful job you did on the Tetons. Stunning images. All wall hangers for sure

Thank you for all your comments Gale. How generous of you to loan out your lens. You better get it back soon and give it a try. Love to see your Baddddddddd portrait stuff!!

GeeJay said:
Hi Terri,

Those are wonderful shots of your precious little grandson.

And your use of the 70-200 reminds me to pull it out and use it this week with my grandkids. I have three visiting here now and I"ll give that lens a workout.

That third picture is a gem! Good job with that lens and those pictures!

Best to you,
Gaye

Hope to see the pictures that you will take of your grandkids. I am always looking for ideas. Have fun with them. I bet you will be worn out by the time they leave. They are so much fun--but my energy just isn't what it used to be.

eng45ine said:
Wonderful images as always, Terri. The candid images of your grandson are so cute...even when he is briefly unhappy. :cry:

Thank you Frank. I had a few minutes free time, and just looked at your galleries. You have some great pictures. I especially enjoyed your baseball shots.

Terri i like the one with the mother, very nice compositions on all of them. The pictures coming out of that lens are so smooth. I made short test with the lens handheld with VR-on and on tripod with VR-off and i must say there are not a big difference in quality when you enlarge the pictures and compare them.

G

greggebhardt

People thought I was crazy taking candids with my 70-200VR at a friends wedding. They were hailed as some of the very best candids they had seen. I got to stay way back and few even knew they were being photographed.

Your images are very nice. Know that there are some proud parents there.

Latest threads

Top Bottom