My aborted first birdie session

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Phil K, Dec 29, 2005.

1. I went to the wetlands this afternoon for my first serious attempt in shooting birds. Birds were far away and not much activities and I could only take a few shots, all with the 70-200VR + TC-14.

original.

original.

original.

original.

The session was then interrupted by the accident.

The birds actually got closer and became quite active afterwards. I could even see an Egret dancing on the water while I was talking with the police officer. But by then, I was in no mood of shooting. original.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Nice capture, Phil, I like the second one :)

3. Hi I like the third one the best, I've always fancied visiting Hong Kong/China, I think it is a fascinating place my wife goes their regularly on business, I fancy spending a couple of weeks in the mai po deep bay ramsar site, I do have a book called knowing the ramsar wetlands that my wife purchased for me, maybe it's time to use those 50,000 air miles we have accumulated.

Phillip.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You did a great job. I like them all :>)))

{Could be this LCD, (shows more noise) Yes-no :>))
    Tad NR would work if it is really there. )

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    What do you mean abortive?? These are pretty good (certainly better than my first many attempts). The first one looks like a flock of Cormorants. Is that what they are?

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Enjoyed both your shots and your the story. Glad you were not injured yourself.

7. Thanks everyone.

Frank, maybe truncated is a better word that aborted. I am not good in bird ID, but I think those were Cormorants.

Gale, yes, I can also see some noise. Will pp again when have time.

Phillip, do come to visit Hong Kong. I'm sure you'll enjoy our small but spectacular city. The Mai Po Wetlands Reserve is a restricted area and you need special arrangement before you can go there. But you can also have free access to the surrounding wetlands. More information can be found here.

8. All things considered, you did just fine with all aspects of your shoot.

Glad you werent hurt...

9. Thanks, Harris. I hope I can have more time next year to practise more.

10. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Phil very nice Egret flight shots.
    Sorry to hear accident.

11. Thanks, Rathikia.

12. neat captures Phil, never seen a flock of commorants?? cool............. YOu need the 300-800mm bigma :rolleyes:

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Thanks, Keith, maybe I need a longer lens, but no, not the 300-800:biggrin:

LOL, Paul, CIF! I couldn't react that fast, and besides, with the 70-200, I could only get a wheel in the frame.