My adult kids looking to acquire adult toys

Test driving a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
80F05530-6E4A-47BD-9393-F42ED3B9DCE2.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I squeezed into the passenger seat. The acceleration and resultant G force effect was startling
Taken with my cell phone

Nice ride 😎. As with photography, automotive pursuits can be a never ending, albeit enjoyable, money pit. American V8 muscle was my weakness for a number of years…..until getting out of minimum road clearance vehicles became a hassle.

”Enjoy the ride“ 👍

So Bob, when are you and Trooper getting your
”Enjoy the ride“ 👍
Thanks
Now that is one sweet toy.
It sure is

Wow! Yep, that's SOME "Adult Toy!" A beauty! Did he buy it or is he planning to do so?
He’s considering it or the new corvette is on the short list . Problem is that in Winnipeg where he lives there’s a 3 year wait list
Sweetness!

For sure

Nick - Unfortunately for trooper and me we’re not getting one

Real Name
Maurie Hill
As an old guy who’s had Detroit’s finest from a Shelby 500 (from new) thru a couple of Pontiac GTO’s to a 73 Cuda, about 30 years ago I discovered Stuttgart's finest, there is no comparison. I started with a 928 (obviously still hooked on v8’s), then a 964 (a real wild child) to a 993 (the best car I’ve ever owned) to a 997 C4S - all fabulous cars with incredible road holding, enormous acceleration. But sadly old age brings not only wisdom but also arthritis, so now I’m reduced to an old mans car - so now my daily drive is an AMG CLS63/s. At 600hp it’s got more horses than anything I’ve ever owned before, and many more toys, but it’s not a Porsche - bonus is I can get in and out of it. And so it comes to this - bigger heavier boring cars, and lighter exciting camera’s to compensate 🤔

As an old guy who’s had Detroit’s finest from a Shelby 500 (from new) thru a couple of Pontiac GTO’s to a 73 Cuda, about 30 years ago I discovered Stuttgart's finest, there is no comparison. I started with a 928 (obviously still hooked on v8’s), then a 964 (a real wild child) to a 993 (the best car I’ve ever owned) to a 997 C4S - all fabulous cars with incredible road holding, enormous acceleration. But sadly old age brings not only wisdom but also arthritis, so now I’m reduced to an old mans car - so now my daily drive is an AMG CLS63/s. At 600hp it’s got more horses than anything I’ve ever owned before, and many more toys, but it’s not a Porsche - bonus is I can get in and out of it. And so it comes to this - bigger heavier boring cars, and lighter exciting camera’s to compensate 🤔
Nice itinerary of cars!! I agree the Porsche is a very special vehicle. I like you am at an age where getting in and out of the car detracts from the ride....sad...

Real Name
Maurie Hill
Nice itinerary of cars!! I agree the Porsche is a very special vehicle. I like you am at an age where getting in and out of the car detracts from the ride....sad...
Yeah getting old ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. In the last 10 months I’ve had two knee full-replacements, and that has an influence on getting into the Carerra for sure! I’m looking forward to being able to travel again and have my tin knees distract the nice man at airport security from the number of EN-EL’s I’m packing 😉

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom