My apologies in advance for my not-so-great work

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by SamIAM, May 21, 2007.

1. With so much quality pictures posted here, sometimes I feel a bit shy to post my shots here.

But, I need to have criticism from you to improve my work.
    Here are two hand-held captures of my garden lilies.
    [​IMG]

.. and close your eyes if you do not like day lilies:
    [​IMG]

Taken around sunset time using 105mm Vr around F9, .. just trying to improve. My tripod was not around,.. next time I will take some 1:1 macros using tripod...

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    you did well and you can brighten these images in Photoshop but well done

3. Logan

Logan Guest

they are a little pushed to the left, but nothing that cant be fixed in PS, keep it up!

4. Keep shooting them Sam! that is the fun of this whole thing. Definately need to lighten these up some but still nice images.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are beautiful
    Just a bit dark.
    Your monitor may be off a tad:>))

6. I need to run the eye-one again. Had been a bit lazy.
    Thanks Gale.

7. LOWOLF, Logan and Dave,

Thanks a lot.

Let it be my monitor calibration or my limited knowhow on Capture, I am unable to get the correct brightness in the shots. Or it could be the exposure as well. I will keep trying. Also realized that framing wrt background is important. The pink petal in #1 (to the right) is distracting as well.

Now I think it's time to improve my Photoshop techniques.

8. hey Sam! Don't stop shootin and postin! Believe me, I've posted some real "doozies!" It's definitely through the help of so many on this wonderful forum that we learn so much! As for your lillies and day lillies - I think they're gorgeous! I love flowers and wish I had a yard full! Next time, try a tad bit of fill flash on some and others do without flash, then compare. That's what I do alot! Keep it up, you're definitely on the right track! Oh, find your tripod and use it!

9. Cajun angel has motivated me many times. Posting only makes you much better. Then you can enjoy posts like "wow have you made progress". If you have Photoshop CS2 then you can try "shadow/highlight" . See "greyflash's" posts. Keep having fun!

10. Thanks John and Dianne for the encouraging words. It's time for me to expand my digital workflow i.e. Use Photoshop for image advancement after Capture NX has done it's bit. Learning in this area is so refreshingly fascinating for me.:smile: