My autist.... sorry, artistic PS attempt.

Now that Gale's set the ball rolling or the birdie flying, and Patrick and Frank have provided the venue, I thought I'd roll out an image I played with about 1 1/2 years ago.

I went from this image taken in Montreal:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

To this one, which after some playing with a sketch action I picked up off the Retouching forum on DPR, plus some playing/experimenting with filters in PS, ended up, to my warped eye, looking a little like an old master painting.*

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Neil

* Okay, only a very little.

Thanks folks!

Gordon - I haven't done much of this type of stuff at all. Really only this one and another one. Like you, in fact probably even more so, I struggle to get my original images looking right.

Jay - The main action used in that image was Mike Finn's "Insta-Sketch_Beta" which you can download from his site at http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mikefinn/action.html I also used various standard PS filters such as Canvas, underpainting and sponge painting, but have zero idea in what order and what settings. It was done using the "play until it looks right" method.

Bryan - LOL It's too good to resemble my best finger painting efforts.

Thanks Gale and Pat and all!

Neil

Very nicely done Neil. I'd like to try this once I learn everything there is about how to get my shots to look like the real world.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't wait that long.... :lol:

Frank

NeilCam said:
Thanks folks!

Gordon - I haven't done much of this type of stuff at all. Really only this one and another one. Like you, in fact probably even more so, I struggle to get my original images looking right.

Jay - The main action used in that image was Mike Finn's "Insta-Sketch_Beta" which you can download from his site at http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mikefinn/action.html I also used various standard PS filters such as Canvas, underpainting and sponge painting, but have zero idea in what order and what settings. It was done using the "play until it looks right" method.

Bryan - LOL It's too good to resemble my best finger painting efforts.

Thanks Gale and Pat and all!

Neil
Hi Neil,

I like what you did to the image and love PS. I have more actions and plugin than you can count. Some I like better than others.

Speaking of Mikes Sketch, I purchased the full version and really enjoy it. I haven't used it much because I am so busy, it is not funny and I like to add some time to be on here once in a while.

You are so right about atncentral. So many actions and tutorials. I also enjoy what's offereed from Adobe exchange too.

Keep up the good work.

Melissa

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom