My Backyard Birds

Real Name
Randy
ever since I switched to the D850 I haven't shot the D5 back here

850_6234-Edit-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
850_6224-Edit-Edit.jpg
850_6217-Edit.jpg
850_6187-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Well done, Randy! I absolutely LOVE my D5/D850 combo!!!!! However, you keep tempting with images taken with the 500 pf!

Real Name
Randy
Darn but these are good. Makes me wish that I hadn't sold my D850 in anticipation of the D6. It looks like you're having fun with your back yard visitors.
thanks Bob. You can't really tell the difference at these sizes but the D850 is noticeably better at details, The D5 is way better at AF and high ISO. The D6 will be even better at AF and high ISO but it will still get bested by the D850 in details. The problem is most places we shoot you can't trust the light and if it's bad you have to have a D5/D6.
Fabulous work. The branch in the last 2 shots sure adds a lot of nice context and character.
thanks Nick, I change perches every few months and that one's new.

Another awesome set, Randy. Techs are over the top. Not sure why you worry about which camera you use. Results are always the same :)
thanks Dan
it's not really worry as much as never satisfied, I think we all have that
Good work Randy
thanks Allan
Well done, Randy! I absolutely LOVE my D5/D850 combo!!!!! However, you keep tempting with images taken with the 500 pf!
thanks Karen, the 500pf is amazing for some things
thanks Rick
All of them excellent.
thanks Alex
Super shots, Randy!
thanks Dossy

Real Name
Randy
Pretty awesome stuff Randy one of my upcoming projects is to get myself a bird feeding setup off of my back deck.
thanks Tony....the biggest thing to remember is once you start feeding them never stop, not even for a few days. And keep the perches above the feeders, they like to stop on the way to lunch

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom