My best attempt at panoramic.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by cwilt, Apr 26, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
  2. I looked at the original (probably reduced by about 50% already, as it's "only 800 pixels high). You did very well: it's all seamless What a grandiose vista that is! Well done.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Impressive job, Charlie. Can you give us some details about the lens you used and the processing?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera.

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    MontyDog,

I did print this with an R800. Eight inches wide and eight feet long! This first person to see it bought it. Now I have a R1800 and that 13 inch wide pano is calling me. :D

beaucamera,
    It was a spur of the moment thought to try a pano. This was shot with an 85mm/1.8. I spot metered off the mountaind top and set everything to manual. Leveled the tripod and camera. Picked a spot to start from. I measured my overlap of frames with the left and right focus squares in the viewfinder. Shot RAW just in case. Processed all files with NC the same. Opened in PSCS and used the photomerge function. I was not ready for how large this file would be!

6. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Congrats Charles.

Nice panorama and congrats on your sale.

Smugmug sucks for panoramas. I am struggling with it myself.

R800, hmm, R1800 - may be I have serious case of printer lust.

anand

7. I would say your attempt was successful. Way to go!! :) :) :)

8. Very nice pano !

I've been too afraid to find out how much they'll charge for printing mines :shock:

9. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Very nice. what portion of the 360 is this? 180/200 etc.

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This was about 90 degree coverage.