My best regards to all of you!

I still go to DPR looking for information, but most of the time is spent filtering out the garbage. IMHO I think that the D50/D70 forum is the worst. I think it is filled with people that only want status for what they own. Coming here is like coming home....safe! and filled with people that care about you. Thanks to everyone here!

P

Przemek

Do not worry Rich, in my book you are a safe "level 5" :)

Kind Regards,
Przemek

Rich Gibson said:
Just read K. Rockwell's description of photographers; thanks Chris!. Now I'm bummed! I'm old and near retirement and since my kids are on their own I"ve bought the D2H and D2X, along with a couple expensive lenses....I guess that makes me one level above a measurebator. (I'm kidding, of course, but I think a person or two here might agree with it..ah well!)

By my reckoning I understand Yves first coined the term measurebator; or that's the first time I heard it....on DPR from him. Can anyone confirm or correct this?

Rich

I will always be grateful to DPR for getting me started in digital. One must have thick skin to post there but if you persevere you can learn a lot. I now call the Nikon Cafe home and like the kinder, gentler attitude of those that frequent this forum. In fact I haven't posted in DPR for months now. The final straw was all the vitriolic posts while waiting for the D2X to come out. An image posted during that period would not stay on the front page for more than an hour or two.

SRA

This has a nice ironic ring to it. I recently joined this forum after spending about a month reading the 'other' forum’s threads. I have to agree with everything that has been said thus far.

- There is a great amount of usable information to be found on their site

- There is a fair amount of flaming and ignorant ranting

Having found this site was a surprise as I assumed all site were like theirs or even worse the cnet place.

It is with hope that this site will be able to maintain its maturity, decorum, and level of sophistication to remain a 'cafe' and not a 'bar'.

greyflash said:
I will always be grateful to DPR for getting me started in digital. One must have thick skin to post there but if you persevere you can learn a lot. I now call the Nikon Cafe home and like the kinder, gentler attitude of those that frequent this forum. In fact I haven't posted in DPR for months now. The final straw was all the vitriolic posts while waiting for the D2X to come out. An image posted during that period would not stay on the front page for more than an hour or two.

I agree. My first digital camera was a D260 or something. I made the DPR site my home page after I purchased my CP990. Fortunately Uncle Frank suggested that I visti the Cafe. I have returned to the 'other' forum since then. The Cafe is such a friendly place. I have learned so much and even scraped up enough courage (thank you UF) to post a few images. I enjoy commenting on posts and waiting for others to post their images and comments. Thank you Cafe membership.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom