My better half, once again...

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ...yeah, yeah, I know - enough already!
    Anyway, this is just another spontaneous portrait, as we were sitting around chatting this sunday afternoon. I "see" a picture and go: "Hold it just like that!" - quickly get the D1x and squeeze off a couple. Natural light with the AF 85mm f:1.8 @ f4.0 and 1/15 s.

Frits

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent image and colors.
    Very pretty Lady.

4. Very well done Frits. Your wife is beautiful and I like the way you have caught her eyes with almost no glare from her glasses. Skin tones are excellent and the beautiful top she is wearing looks great on her. Crop is a little tight on the right and I really feel that it detracts from an otherwise wonderful image.

5. Thank you for your comments all.

No Paul, not a fashionable thing, just me being sloppy :cool: . But remember, this is just a casual shot. If it were a serious portrait shoot, I'd be dead :tongue: :tongue:

You're absolutely right Gordon. The reason why I cropped this way is that there is a disturbing wall corner to the right. I replaced the image so you can see that. Given that, I prefer to follow your suggestion and let the hard edge be what it is...
    ***Note: see post below - old image still shows***

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  6. I'm a bit puzzled. I changed the image in my PBase folder, but it still shows the older version here?? Tried to edit the post by deleting the image, then re-edit by inserting the image - No Dice: still the old version.
    Anyone??

7. I can certainly see why you are moved to photograph her. She is strikingly beautiful.
    You got to love that lens too!
    Dave

8. Frits, I have gone onto your website and noticed that your newly posted image show up; however, the thumbnail is still the old one. I would delete the image from Pbase entirely. Before you post the new image to Pbase, change the image ID (such as putting -2 after the curent image number). Copy the URL from the newly posted image and then insert it into your Nikon Cafe thread in place of the old one). Hopefully this will work.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frits, she is striking. The blue-green she is wearing is most definitely her color. I too see why you love to photograph her...and lucky you that she allows you!

10. Thanks for the tip, Gordon. After trying a number of things, without result, this is exactly what I ended up doing.
    Aahh, the mysteries of PBase :confused: :confused:

11. Your welcome Frits and by the way, I like the new image better.