1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My big gun

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jason, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Jason

Jason

Aug 15, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Well after alot of hand wringing and pacing the floors, I pulled the trigger on buying the 200-400VR this weekend. What is horrible is that as of yet, I have not had the time to go shoot with it! Tomorrow I plan to get some shots with it. Just a few more lenses to add to my collection and I should be there (yea right :wink:, who are we kidding when we say that).

Fall migration is upon us with some of the early birds and many more yet to come through. I can't wait to try this out on them this season. I also have a blind and hope to capture some wild turkey that I have been patterning on the farm for sometime. Oh the joy to come...

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Expectations are sweet, using it is even better!!

Wade

3. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new lens.I almost bought one myself but went with the 300 2.8 VR been very happy ever since.I know Wade sure makes that 200-400 sing some fine images:smile:

4. Congratulations. You will surely enjoy it. Remember to get a sturdy head for it... I for one, find it difficult to shoot hand held for more than a couple of shots.

5. Jason

Jason

Aug 15, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    What helped me get this lens

The thread on the 200-400 pushed me over the edge on buying this lens. The Eagle picture from Wade sure stands out in my mind when I think of this lens. There were so many awesome pictures in that thread, it just did me in :biggrin:

On order from B&H is a Gitzo Tripod and on top of that will be a full Wimberely II.

Wade has helped me alot through these decisions. He was very kind to reply to an email asking some questions. Since then...he has helped even more. Thanks again Wade:smile:

6. Bezoar

Bezoar Guest

Gratz!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.