My birds from the alligator farm.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PGB, Mar 19, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Leigh posted some of hers which are supurb so I needed to get some up too. We had an awesome time today. The weather was beautiful. This is our first vacation in 5years. We left the kids with her mom and dad and decided we needed a break to be together. Hope you enjoy.

17815643-L.

17815652-L.

17815649-L.

17815650-L.

17815645-L.

2. WOW, great shots Patrick. The colors are amazing!! :) :) :) :)

Glad to hear you and your wife are having a good time. :) :) :) :)

You picked a good time to go, b/c the weather in Huntsville has been just down right dreary! :( :(

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    That's what Frank said. These Parrots were hams! They loved getting their picture taken. They danced, groomed, and screached at us for 20 minutes.

I'll post some more later but I'm exhausted. I think we are going to sleep in tomorrow. With 2 kids that never happens! :)

Regards,

4. Wow, those colours just leap out of the screen. Looks like you are having a great time!

5. Patrick:

These shots are amazing. I can not believe the color you got. Is there a secret to the brightness?

Gil

6. LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have one, and the same is true in our home!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. So that's where you are Patrick! Beautiful shots, what great color! I love the egret especially. Enjoy your vacation!

8. Excellent images Patrick. It's amazing how colorful the parrot's are and the Egret is a wonderful image.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Patrick!! Where did you get these Parrots?? Was this at the alligator Farm? I can't believe the great color.... :? Love the Egret too, with the green mating patch.

Looks like you are both having a great time.

Send more pics.... :wink:

Frank

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks everyone. The parrots were at the alligator farm as well. I must have counted 60 or so Egrets and about 30 wood storks, some spoonbills and a couple of Ibis.

That was really an exciting place. You could get within 10 feet of an Egret nest.

11. WOW such colors looks liek you and the misses had a great time..... keep them coming

12. great shots Patrick, wish I coulda joined you there.

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Gil,

Flew taught me the RR post processing techniques and that is all that I did. I did modify the color booster settings in capture. To bring out the reds and blues more.

Thanks,

14. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Excellent job Patrick - well done and glad to seeing you guys having so much fun!

Neil

15. Awesome birds and colors...well done!!!

16. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thanks everone. The parrots were taken with the Tamron 90mm di lens with natural light and the egret was taken with my 70-200 plus 1.7tc. I took the 200-400 but it was a little long for the rookery.

Thanks again. I'll post more as I get them processed.