My Bushhawk test

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Big Pix, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ......using my new Bushhawk Shoulder Brace and processing in Lightroom 1.1. The shoulder brace does work well. Using the D2Xs and the Bigma out to 500 it was a lot more steady than just hand holding, but I am yet to try it with birds in flight. I am going to attach a quick release base clamp to the unit so I can adjust the camera back and forth, with long lens plates on the lenses'. It makes holding a very long Len's much better.

Processing in Lightroom 1.1, was quick and easy, and I need to use it a bit more before I decide which is better NX, LIGHTROOM or PSCS2 or a combination as I have been using

Not the best background for these birds but it was raining a little so it was all I had. This one is a red Wattle Bird..... a honey eater
    Shot at 80th @ 6.3 so not a lot of DOF
    [​IMG]

Shot at 60th @ 6.3 so not a lot of DOF
    [​IMG]

2. Nice shot! Interesting looking bird. Welcome to the Club!

Anthony

3. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Good captures! Looks like the setup works quite well. I've used the Bigma briefly and I know how it is to get a sharp photo with it!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nicely done. Your low shutter speeds do indicate that this is a good solid platform. I have a hard time getting such sharp images from a tripod at those speeds. Interesting bird. Is the little red area under the eye the wattle??

5. Never used a shoulder brace, but these are certainly impressive shots from using it. Unique bird that I've not seen before.

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    This is very impressive especially with that lens. I have read about the Bushhawk and your photos make it even more intriguing now. Great image!

7. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    Cool bird. The bg works for me and very good comp, I like the first shot best because of the white area in the second.

8. Thanks all...... though you would like to see the full frame

[​IMG]

9. How about that, my delux kit just arrived today.
    Lou